1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is better - Camby,Fisher and a pick or hill, thabeet, flynn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, Mar 15, 2012.

?

What is better - Camby,Fisher and a pick or hill, thabust, flynn??

1. Camby, Fish, pick

372 vote(s)
    96.9%
  2. hill, thabust, flynn

12 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who votes for hill thabust and flynn is on crack.

face it the trades may not have been that exciting but..

at the end of the transactions we came out with a better roster than when we woke up this morning.

Isn't that the point?

It makes us better, we get a pick, we get addition by subtraction getting rid of the SCRUB that is hill, and it's no assurance we will tank or win the rest of the season out. So pro tank or not this deal doesn't really get us 10 more wins or 10 more losses and we get slightly better in the process..

it's not like flynn hill and thabust were really going to have an impact one way or another the rest of this season or ever. We weren't going to get howard and bogut would have been iffy too even if we tried to get him.

So much negativity for nothing when we clearly got better.

1 person likes this.
  2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Very low risk/ potentially medium reward. It was a solid move, but most of us are just getting tired of seeing these lateral moves.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, its not. The Rockets rebuilding philosophy is heavily trade-oriented. There is very little chance they will pick star-level talent via the draft. And free agent stars apparently aren't interested in playing here.

That means pulling off major deals that significantly upgrade the roster at the trade deadline, before the regular season, or near the draft are of upmost importance to us compared to other teams. Fans shouldn't be satisfied with some marginal improvements. This is the path the Rockets management has decided to take, but we shouldn't lower our expectations just because they've made it harder on themselves to acquire a star. That's their problem.

1 person likes this.
  4. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

A better roster .........that's the last thing this team need.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Shouldve made this public

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

*laugh*

Typical Morey and Les moves to "improve" the team.

Mediocrity is celebrated by the Houston Rockets and its fans.

So, which big name player did Morey "almost" nab this time around?

Rockets are going to a 8th spot playoff practice team because of Ricky Rubio going down, not because of anything the Rockets did.

1 person likes this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Eh, I somewhat agree, but I think our appeal to free agents increases by being in the playoffs, and it brings in revenue which allows Les to sustain higher payrolls.

At some point we do need to make a big move, yes. But if one wasn't available I'm okay with making the team a bit better.

Also, first round draft picks are probably the #1 trade asset for a team in the Rockets situation, because they can only be a net positive in any deal. You can always add more picks to a trade to sweeten the pot. That's why I really wish we hadn't given up our pick for T-Will, but hindsight is 20/20.

Could Donatas Motiejunas be our glimmer of hope for finding our star out of the draft? I'm really hopeful about his upside.

8. k-money

k-money Member

1 person is on crack.. shoulda made the poll public.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Stop crying.

10. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

You people are crazy if you think turning Flynn and Thabeet into Camby isn't AN AMAZING MOVE FOR THIS YEAR. Just as well, flipping the erratic Hill for a potentially good first rounder in a great draft is equally lovely.

11. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

We cant help the fact that we dont have the assets that other teams want for us to make

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

*laugh*

Typical fan thinking we have the pieces to land a big name player. And I guess every other nba team's mgmt sucks because no one landed a big name without giving up a big name

13. Garner

Garner Member

Better question: Which big name player was available to be nabbed?

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Right and we pulled a major deal in all star for gasol the last time around and were probably going for major this time too but we can't hit home runs every time out... and we DID do a TRADE and we did get better..

There is only one howard to go around and clearly we might be lucky to be in the middle of the pack of his list.

in the meantime we AGAIN did something that improved us, and the move was not lateral when you remember how bad hill sucks and what camby could be in terms of inside help.

We may not get all the stars but considering a rockets trade history(under this owner) of drexler,barkley,rice,francis,artest,mcgrady,martin it's clear we will continue to be in the mix of trading for all stars. We missed the boat on howard and gasol and looks like most of the league didn't do much of anything so vs. rest of league and all things considered we again came out ahead albeit incremental.

Honestly Hill wasn't going to give us anything. Thabust and flynn? We got a contributor in camby for that? what is the problem with this?

Its complaining for complaints sake when we are NOW BETTER? geez..
    We got better and people are complaining ... I just don't understand this mentality to want to suck so bad.

It's like why wash your balls when you are just going to get them dirty again?
    That girl won't want me I should just let that other dude bang her.. man I'm a loser. let me wait hope and tank over here in the corner eating a shiat sandwich for the rest of my life.

15. lr22

lr22 Member

Camby > Thabeet+Flynn

Fisher+top20 protected pick < Hill

16. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Like anything of real value would be traded for the 09 busts.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For many of us we see the best way to get that star is through the draft. So I see a low seed az a bad thing.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Right, so what do you do if the owner doesn't want to lose and tank?

Because firing your GM will solve nothing if Les will simply hire another GM with the exact same instructions he gave Morey.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Last time around it was gasol.. this time around it was camby. Next time around we will be there in it again.. it's everytime..

from drexler to barkley to francis to mcgrady. we are ALWAYS in the game and in there doing something.

What other big name was moved? Bogut /Monta Ellis?
    What else would zboy have done? Tank it and let the big boyz bang your girlfriend in humiliation? you are either in the game trying or not.

This rollover loser mentality is the saddest thing ever

1 person likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Morey is a great GM. I'm not so sure we are going in the right direction though.

I mean We just added 2 vets why? Rockets should be all about getting young players and actually playing them.