1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What games have you played over the past year, and maybe even finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

@Yung-T @Drexlerfan22 Either of you use Razor? I'm thinking about pulling for him as a physical DPS/electro that I could use in Abyss. Fischl was my electro but she drops off in late-game due to single-targeting bows.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I don't consider myself to really be late/end-game yet since I'm at AR33 and so haven't been able to ascend past 60 and get the ascension 4 ability unlocked even for my main party, which I'm still quite entrenched in / not enough XP books to go around. So I don't know how good of a judge I am.

That said, I did mess around with Razor a lot like a week ago while just thinking about 2nd team comps, and he seems both really good and really fun. The one thing about him is that it seems like due to both his abilities, he really wants to be a solo DPS. His sigils time out and his burst ends if you switch, so it seems like you want to dump your support abilities all at once and then go into his burst, repeat. So I don't think he's most effective to run alongside another DPS, but he seems awesome.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't even have the Breh, as my C6 Fischl is enough for my electro needs.

Will likely only get back to pulling when Xiao comes, as I'm satisfied with most of my other characters and Razor doesn't fit that well into my parties.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

witcher 3 , and all the DLC

5. Duncan McDonuts

I'm just thinking of 2nd teams for Abyss. I'd like to keep my Klee/XQ/Jean/Venti team together. My second team will need Bennett. I'm thinking I can build him as a carry and round out the team with Fischl for Overload, Xiangling for extra attack resonance and recharge, then Sucrose for CC/swirl and boosted elemental mastery for Overload reactions.

But then I'm dreaming if I can build Razor, he'll be the primary DPS. Bennett will support, I can have Kaeya for Superconduct and Fischl for Razor's resonance. Unfortunately, I'm running out of EXP books to invest in more characters.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There's a lot of main DPS 5*s coming up, so I don't want to invest in another 4* atm.

Xiao would probably do great with your Venti and Jean, also ones like Ganyu, Ayaka for Klee&Xingqiu.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

HDZ (inc Frozen Wilds) took me 143 hours to get 100% on both. I might have spent a but too much time just hunting things for the eff of it.
    Finished last week.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  8. Duncan McDonuts

That's a good point. Razor is bordering 5* territory as far as DPS carries go. I'm worried Mihoyo will gimp upcoming 5* like they did to my boy Zhongli.

9. Duncan McDonuts

I ended up pulling for Razor. Working through Spiral Abyss and have 9*d Floor 9 and 10. Floor 11 buffs Superconduct so Razor would do well here, plus I want a good claymore character. My Xiangling and Fischl aren't cutting it for my second team. I was lucky enough to get him within 13 rolls. Got a second Eye of Perception before that I'll just stash.

Currently AR48 and working on ascension mats for Klee. Then I'll start leveling up Razor.

@Yung-T Have you seen the new 1.2 craftable weapon leaks? I wonder what the banner characters and weapons will be. More announcements tomorrow.

Sidenote: I also upgraded my GPU to a 3060 Ti. Ultra graphics on Genshin!

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just watched the livestream, Albedo comes first and Ganyu in January.
    Ganyu looks really good and I'll pull for her, should probably have enough to hit the 2nd pity in case I don't get her with my first.
    The AOE on her charged shot is huge, the Ult also looks great.

The craftable weapons and the new artifacts also look great and should improve hydro&cryo a lot.

Rest of the stream was mostly about QOL stuff that was leaked before (auto collect, not needing to re-enter domain, chat, auto text etc) and some story ish.

Rosaria also looks terrific, but no mention when she'll arrive on a banner.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Ganyu looks good, but I can't imagine that Cryo effect proccing fast enough for Klee's DPS. I think Xingqiu with Vaporize will still win out, but I'm excited to see what she can do.

Not sold on Albedo yet. Geo sword user is pretty bland, to be honest. Maybe he'll surprise when tested.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Beta testers are saying he isn't amazing at anything really, but an incredibly solid pick for pretty much every team composition.

13. Poloshirtbandit

I'm trying to 100% this game as well. Just finished Frozen Wilds.

14. SuraGotMadHops

I've been hitting up the old school SNES games on Switch online. I went through the entire run of Mario All Stars (Mario 1, 2, and 3), Super Mario World, DK Country, and DK Country 2. Currently playing Yoshi's Island. The save and rewind feature on Switch is a game changer, because some of these games are freakin hard.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. Duncan McDonuts

Boo. They better include some good 4* in his banner then.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I busted this out a few weeks ago. My all-time favorite game

[​IMG]

Still an amazingly deep turn-based strategy game. I hadn't really played it in 10 years so coming back I had a different POV and am using heroes/spells differently than I did then.

You can get it on GOG for $10. Well worth it. https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition

RC Cola likes this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

There's a mod you can download to update the graphics.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Thanks! I've got the HD mod that allows larger resolutions. Are you talking about anything else?

19. Duncan McDonuts

Nah, that's really the only one. It's a nice upgrade. HoMM3 is such a classic. I like massive gremlin armies to throw chains even though they're weak AF.

Xerobull likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Any army can be deadly with the right hero and artifacts!

Fun tidbit- I did some grammar cleanup for the original WoG mod (those guys are all Russian) and they stuck Xerobull in the credits. :D

RC Cola likes this.