1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What games have you played over the past year, and maybe even finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

@Yung-T

At this point, I feel like I have enough characters that I need to invest in. No more character pulls. I have about 5k gems that I'm saving for good weapons now. My Klee needs a Skyward Atlas.

I hit AR45 recently and spent about 40 fragile resin on artifact domain runs. Got some decent 5* artifacts but got bad RNG on the substats.

Spiral Abyss is tough. Got to floor 11 but those stupid Fatui hammers are too tanky and Kaeya is level 1.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Spent my saved up gems for some Diona and Ningguan, as they seem to be a nice addition. No luck with getting the first constellation for Ning so far tho, which I really want.

Am at 68 wishes since Klee atm, so very close to that 20% chance you have from wish 76 onwards.
    Currently debating between Ganyu (her skills seem like a pretty good addition to Klee, easy to trigger remaining active when switching back to Klee) or Ayaka (as another main dps, and ice waifu). A good ice character is top priority atm for me, as I have no dps for that element and it makes for good sync with Klee&Xingqiu.

Wouldn't mind getting a Mona or QiQi with that first 90 pity tho.

How's your mean team atm? I'm using Klee as my main dps, Fischl as sub dps (finally maxed her constellation due to the event, nice damage with c6), Xingqiu (heal/damage reduction+water for Klee) and then working on Bennett.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  4. Duncan McDonuts

You're right, ice is a priority. I'll save up for Ayaka in hopes she'll be good support for Klee. I'm around 30 pulls in the weapon banner since that's my focus right now. Hoping for a good banner when Zhongli drops. I'm sure it'll be a spear and something else. 2 bows, 2 catalysts, sword and claymore so far have been featured.

My main team is C1 Klee, C6 Xingqiu, C0 Jean and C0 Venti. I got lucky on Klee's banner to get Sucrose and Xingqiu to C6. Double anemo gives my Klee extra stamina and I have constant uptime on Venti's ultimate. Jean also works as my physical DPS for fire immunity and I put the Black Sword on her so she is super tanky and will heal my team.

C6 Fischl sounds like a dream. I have a soft spot for her since she carried me until Klee, plus I like her character.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

6. Duncan McDonuts

Hmm, those don't seem to synergize with Klee as well as Xingqiu. Xingqiu's Q constantly procs vaporize whereas Ayaka/Ganyu won't melt as frequently. At least that saves me some primogems.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yeah Xingqiu is pretty insane, wish I had more constellations. Him with Klee & Fischl is a ton of fun.

8. Duncan McDonuts

At low levels, he's pretty good but gets insane once you equip him well. Fischl self-overloads before the patch gave me PTSD. Your team comp is pretty solid with Bennett.

I wish they made Venti work with Klee's mines. Her damage would be outrageous combined with Xingqiu and Venti.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did some co-op today where I used Jean and played with some guys using Klee&Venti. The combos we could pull off by me sucking in Klee's grenades with Jean and then the Venti Tornado being paired on top of that was pretty crazy.
    And then the 4th guy used Keqing to overload the entire thing constantly.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

The mines are doing like 800-1200 damage if I remember right. With 8 mines, it stacks up with so much damage. I'm sad they nerfed Venti and changed his talent description. It's hard to switch between all the characters when solo. I have no friends to play co-op with.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I do random co-op most of the time, have only had one or two bad experiences in the two co-op events we've seen so far.
    Only issue is sometimes no one wanting to be a healer or not switching to a character that has a good elemental reaction with someone else's dps.

But most of the time it works well and people are friendly.

12. Duncan McDonuts

I've heard bad things about randoms joining your world to farm your resources, and co-op is a possible source for hackers to target you. That's why I ignore join requests. Yeah I'm paranoid.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

With the specific co-op event, you either join someone's world or they join yours, depending on the queue, everyone spawns in the event fighting area and you can directly kick em afterwards or leave.
    So the resource thing isn't really an issue, same when you invite someone outside of the event. You can kick ppl whenever you want and disband the party.

Regarding the hacking, it seems their pc client and browser are incredibly unsafe so I'd hesitate as well, but I'm using the PS4 version that's bound to my Playstation ID, so I'm safe.
    Hope they solve this mess for you guys.

14. elrond

elrond Member

Just got a Switch a few months ago for my daughter. Finished Pokemon Sword, Super Mario Odyssey, and Zelda BOTW. My daughter absolutely loves playing Odyssey with me since she can be the hat and not worry about dying.

I think I'm gonna stay away from Genshin. I've been playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, and one gacha game is already more than enough. No way am I going to pick up another one, even after I quit that one at some point.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I bet she'd also like some platformers like Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Mario Maker 3, Luigi's Mansion or Captain Toad.
    Rune Factory 4 is also a ton of fun, basically a mix of Harvest Moon, rpg and romance.
    Lot of kid-friendly games for Switch.

Played that for years and had a very decent roster, but in the end it they killed it with the introduction of 7*s and the need for multiple copies to attain them and the stmr.
    With the new 7* Neo or whatever it's called I guess it's even worse.

I really liked the story and great character interactions, but in the end every update is just a few text lines and 5min of cut scenes, like most gachas.
    Events also were basically only about pre-setting your skills and then just using the repeat button, so going through them wasn't fun at all.

Genshin Impact on the other hand is AAA game quality and has a huge story which is fully voiced, so except for some late-stage grind it's not a typical gacha at all and every character is viable for the story and dungeons.

I'd recommend you to give it a shot, you don't have to treat it like a typical gacha and can play at your own pace until you come near the end of the current story stages and need to grind some adventure exp.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

if anyone ever played Castlevania SOTN, I recommend Timespinner on PC.

Amazing metroidvania game.

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I played a ton of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (and Brave Frontier...and a bit of the FFT style gacha), and Genshin seems way better. I mostly quit playing Genshin recently due to time constraints (my PS5 is also collecting dust :(), but I'll probably pick it back up again soon. It will probably be the only gacha/GaaS game I play moving forward, at least for a while (though I want to dig back into Epic Seven later this year).

FFBE has some of the worst mechanics to be honest (IMO anyway). It wasn't until I started playing some other games did I realize how bad it was. And it some ways, it has gotten worse since then.

Anyway, when I get some more time for games, I'll be resuming a playthrough of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim I started recently. I'm not that far into the game (just past the somewhat lengthy prologue), but I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ordered the Definitive Version of XC1 yesterday, Amazon had it on sale for 24 bucks.
    I never got to play that franchise, as I skipped every Nintendo main console since GameCube, but only heard great things.

Arrives today, can't wait. :)

Drexlerfan22 and Duncan McDonuts like this.
  19. Duncan McDonuts

Nice. It's a good game. I think people are more partial to the first Xenoblade they played as my favorite is still XC2. I still haven't finished my NG+ run on it, but on XC2 I couldn't put it down until I 100% everything. Have you played XC2 yet? If not, I think you'd like it more. There are a few similarities with Genshin.

Drexlerfan22 likes this.
  20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

luigi’s mansion has been great. I’ve barely played it myself since my wife and kids play it mostly. But it’s exactly what I was hoping for, something we can all watch and participate in. The almost 4 year olds have enjoyed watching the animations of it all. They get a kick out of just walking around and watching luigis reactions. And they actually just started to actually capture ghosts and use Guiigi.

Yung-T likes this.