1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does this team have to do to lose you as a fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lucnguye92, Aug 3, 2013.

1. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

After seeing all these threads about if you would still be a fan if "x player" was traded popping up, I'd like to see some creative discussion. The actual question is:

What would this franchise have to do to make you stop being a Houston Rockets fan?

I understand that's a really, really broad topic but I'd like to see what people think would be the ultimate factor in destroying their fandom for the Houston Rockets. You can get creative as you want because it's just a fun thread to have. I'm not trying to say that you're not a true fan, etc. I'd just like to read the responses.

This is a very hard thing to think about because Daryl Morey is pretty good, or so I've heard. I don't think there's anything that this team can do realistically, to turn me away from rooting for them. It's almost impossible. Possibly, the only thing that may possibly ruin my ability to root for this team if they somehow lose Parsons, Asik, or + any part of developing pieces/core to score a 3rd star that may or may not push this team over the edge. And for some reason, that star has either dated a Kardashian, starred in a reality TV show, takes really dumb inefficient shots, and slapped my mother when they met each other at the Galleria. That's really all I got.

What can you think of? Is it trading a certain player that would end this relationship between you and the Houston Rockets? Or is it something else? I'd like to see your replies. If nothing can do it, then I applaud your dedication and loyalty, because it's fans like you guys that keep this team going.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Move to Tennessee

4 people like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Weird, I typed my response b4 reading yours^^^^^^^:eek:

Move to another city. Other than that, fan for life.

4. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Was that the first city that came to your head? Or is it something particular that you have against the state? :grin:

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I can assume you're not from Houston.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No kidding *cough cough Oilers cough cough*

7. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Houston born and raised, and I don't really travel much either. The first time I left Houston was to college for Austin and the first time I left Texas was to Lake Charles to visit L'auberge. Haha, so forgive me if I'm not getting the joke.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

In 1867 a Tennessee militia came into Houston and killed 70 people. You never read about it during Texas history?

2 people like this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

hello, the answer is right there

10. heypartner

heypartner Member

What! Really.

People think this way to ask this question

11. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Oh... History note. Uh it was never really my thing. I'm a Chemistry major. If that's the case, then I agree with your original post. Moving to Tennessee would be a deal breaker in that case. o.o;

1 person likes this.
  12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I'd be gone if something like bounty-gate happened... thats the only time I'd leave though. Something to that extent or worse would have to happen..

13. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Lol, I can see that as adding fuel to the flame as a deal breaker in being a fan.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have a question. Usually if a team moves to.another city fans of the original city would stop supporting them. But I'm not from Houston and never been to Houston but has been a fan for a long long time. Hypothetically if the rox move somewhere else should I stay a fan as i have no affiliation with the city itself.

1 person likes this.
  15. jackycool

jackycool Member

Leave Houston, or do something morally inexcusable.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Leaving Houston is the only plausible thing that could do that.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

My ribs hurt.

19. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

You've made your point quite clearly. Tecmo bowl on the Nintendo gave me a flashback.

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If we traded for Derek Fisher, I would burn Lin shirt........

wait, my bad I meant if we got Fisher from OKC.