1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you give/receive rep for?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by BEAT LA, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm tired of being another Brooks. With 3,600 posts I take it as if many of my posts aren't rep worthy.

I give rep for:
    Insightful posts.
    Funny comments, videos, and even pictures.
    People who make a good argument.

I get rep for:
    Posting my opinion about the Rockets.
    Making 'statement' threads.
    Being witty.
    Arguing with some of the more reputable members on this board. Especially if I bring up good points.
    Posting funny stories I made up.

So what do you give rep for, and what gets you rep? Take a look at your recent rep if you need to refresh your memory.

5 people like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I see what you're doing here!

2 people like this.
  3. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Oh boy here we go again:grin:

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

ROB!

Rep over b****es

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Nah, I'm not doing anything. If I wanted to resort to that I would just create SCK and paul like threads in the hangout. I don't think those threads add value to this forum.

Maybe I should make a ton of errors in my posts and wait for the grammar rep.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Waiting on reps makes the reps come slower... Act like the rep bar isn't there.... I used to be you, bro... Now I realize that a green bars just gives most folks the power (in their opinion) to talk "fly", be snobbish, get backing from folks of equal rep, gang up on yall(not me, fighting back is one of my strengths), and have you be missed by folks that don't know you......... If that's your cup of tea, then by all means , keep striving for the greenies.... I accept what I get and keep it movin!!!!

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

There's 2 ways of getting the most rep.

1.)Post funny gifs or pics
    2.)summarize something that has already happened and make it a nice article and be like I knew it all along and people be like "oh nice read, he's right" but the idiot doesn't know it already took place.

I like people that go out on a limb, like gay is on Durant level....

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

This sounds odd... Let me slow retype it for you so you can see for yourself.......

I like people that go out on a LIMB...........like GAY is on Durant level....???????????? lol

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm not waiting. I'm asking for ways to improve my posts > this forum. I think I can improve the quality of my posts rather than the quantity and still get rep.

The pic thread seems to work for some, but I don't want to post half-naked girls.

What works?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lol. I'm retiring

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I always find humor and realism as a form of credibility.. But Im from a different breed than most... I'd take an honest opinion over circumstancial facts any day when it comes to sports.... All this PER crap is for folks that haven't played.. You never see Inside the NBA showing PER's and Efficiency diagnostics to rate an NBA player... You dont need that statistical BS to form an honest credible opinion.... But again that's me... Im guessing my reps will be minimized by 89.3% due to this theory.... But again, I can live with that...lol... Just do what works for you bro.. No one can tell you how you feel about a subject.... Otherwise you become another ascapjack, just putting up pre-written tweets/articles to get an applause... Wassup ascap!!!!!

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I need about 4 more rep points to get to my next greenie.... So ima just go ahead & post this right over here...

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

-Make a thread about something everyone agrees with and provide some type of statistical evidence to back it up. People will rep what they agree with.

-So, in the GARM it would be something about Parsons' intangibles, Lowry's overall game, Dalembert's defense, etc.

-In the Dish it would be something about fan favorites like Durant, Love/Rubio, Nash, or some very good off the ball scorer. You could also provide a negative take on an all star that isn't as well liked like Lebron, Kobe, or Melo.

-A completely original take in the Dish/GARM isn't all that rep worthy regardless of what information you provide to support your arguments.

In the Hangout just post pictures of women, make a clever joke, or provide an invite to an invite only site.

15. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Another rep house party?

1 person likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

My green wiener is slowly but surely growing!

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Mine shrinks from time to time.

I should be at 9.

Bud Light.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

[​IMG]

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I only receive reps from the GARM for my deep and insightful take on the Rockets, backed by strong, irrefutable statistical data.

1 person likes this.
  20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

If you make pro-tank posts in the GARM you get rep by most people (since its the popular theme here) or like someone else said, just post about a popular subject: kevin martin hate threads, playing time for Twill, because he is the next star that will save the rockets, but mchale is wasting his talent on the bench. :rolleyes:

If you argue with DD or you make fun of him, you get rep from the DD haters.

fsometimes, when I think Im going to get rep for a post, I dont get it, but then sometimes I get rep for posts I wouldnt think I would get it.

1 person likes this.