1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What decison would you make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkamberi25, Aug 1, 2012.

Tags:
?

Given the choice, which route would you take:

1. Keep all young guys and picks and let this team grow

86 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Use all young guys and picks to aquire a star trio to pair with Lin and Asik

71 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Now that we have seen our rookies and other young players in the summerleague and got a taste of their talents and what type of player they can be I would like to see where everyones head is at around here as to the direction of the team. So I offer up this poll question:

Given the choice:

A) Make no more big moves and start this season with Lin, Asik and all our young guys while holding onto the 1st round picks we have aquired.

B) Use all our young guys and 1st round picks to aquire a trio like Howard/J.Smith/Gay, play them along with Lin and Asik and probably a guy like J.Rich that would come back in the deals and the rest of the roster filled with lower tier guys like Machado, Smith, .... etc (Note, that doesn't have to be the exact trio. Just used it as an example. But I would imagine Howard would be the best piece of the trio with the other 2 players being really good players but a notch below Dwight).

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So the question is have proven all-star caliber players or have players you HOPE one day will be stars?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Yay - let's beat a dead horse with this topic again.

I vote A. Remember that Lin started in NY with a bunch of scrubs like Novak, Jeffries, Landry and excelled very well with that team. Whose to say he can't do the same in not better with our guys? Godspeed.

Just say no to Howard and the rest.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

next season we will have max cap room and top picks if he dont make any moves and martin coming off the books. Cap room doesnt mean much really because guys want to compete and will take less $ to join a established team. The CBA rule of not sign-and- trades for tax paying teams starts at end of season which eliminates alot of popular teams from getting new players. Lets hope this works in the rockets favor

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If Morey can turn his young guns into at least 1 (1st tier) superstar and 2 (2nd tier) all-stars, i'm all for it! But it's highly doubtful we have enough pieces to make that big of splash in one off-season.

As much as talent the new kids have, they also have the same likelihood of being busts or mediocre role players. If you can turn the "potentials" into sure deals, then you make that move 100% of the time.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

This. That isn't happening again. He was able to get away with a ton of things during that time that he won't be able to get away with this season. He won't be re-creating "linsanity" where he was putting up 20+ points and 10+ assists. Once he was being fully scouted he was putting up 18 and 8. The latter not the former is what to hope for next season.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If anyone seriously consider Lin and Asik stars then we have already lost all hope.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Lol @ star trio including Asik

9. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

depends on who the star is and if they are willing to stay...so i chose A.

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I don't think he is including Asik/Lin as part of the trio. I think he is saying start trio + Lin/Asik. I may have misunderstood though.

Don't know how that would be possible though.

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

reading comprehension is not overrated.

12. Gerbdog

Gerbdog Member

If you go out with your boys to a club or bar and you start scoping out the ladies, what are you looking for??? A. A one night sure thing? B. Someone you have to take out multiple times before you can even reach 2nd base? ME??? I'm going with the SURE THING!!!!! And I think Morey and any GM alive would do that as well. You take the proven stars!!!!!! They're a sure thing!!

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

You've got to realize that the whole point of the NBA is to win the Championship... You're much closer to that with Dwight than you probably ever would be with Lamb, White and Jones... I love all 3 of those guys games, but if you acquire Dwight(top 5 talent) then your a Josh Smith or Pau Gasol away from contending in the west... If Lin and Parsons develop into solid players then we could have a nba title contender for several years..

Lin - 15ppg
    Lamb? - 15 ppg
    Parsons - 10 ppg
    J-Smooth- 17 ppg
    Dwight - 20 ppg

Idk if we'd be able to hold on to lamb, but that team would be GREAT on both ends and would match up very well with the Thunder..

1 person likes this.
  14. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't think that was what was said.

15. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

I wan't to compete for a championship so give me Dwight with either Gay/Iggy/Jsmoove.

16. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

ppg can't be simply added up... =__=

17. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I would make my decision with a one hour special on ESPN.

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I think trading Howard is the right business decision, but If I'm the owner, I will play the rooks. I don't really like Howard's attitude in the HD saga.

19. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

I would rather have 0 new "bold" threads than have new ones I get excited about, only to find out its about a topic that has been talked about since draft night.... please only create relevant threads.

20. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I WISH!!! Fixed