1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What could have been....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Midrangej, Jul 14, 2014.

1. tadahito

tadahito Member

Does anybody remember when the Rockets had the best record in the NBA after New Years?

This was after they abandoned the failed Twin Towers experiment and went with the lineup that looked so promising during preseason.

Why blow this team up? The Heat are finished, Pacers could lose Stephenson, Spurs are older, Clippers lost Collison, Thunder cannot afford Reggie Jackson, etc.

All they needed was a coach who knew how to make game-to-game adjustments in the playoffs.

2. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

our roster wasn't that stacked, and its not really that depleted now. the only person i think we're sorely missing now is asik.

We had beverly and lin, both of which we could have used a better option for.

Harden Yes
    Parsons Yes, but replaceable, and ariza is a lateral almost equal player
    TJones Yes, but also replaceable. High ceiling, but has weak points
    Howard Yes

So in reality the only person that we have lost that will really have an impact on the team is asik, and we did a good bit of the season either without him, or with an unmotivated/less driven version.

You guys are freaking out a bit too early. Let it ride and let morey fill in the spots on the roster

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Griffin + Paul. Let's get a coach and surround our guys with talent.
    Howard + Harden. We're not good enough, let's take 3-steps back so we have an opportunity to possibly, maybe, someday, take steps forward again.

The Heat disbanded. Spurs are getting older. Thunder aren't adding studs to help Durant. What exactly are we so scared of? Why cant we go to battle? What are we trying to do, compete for a championship or wait for opportunities to add only the perfect players - is there some secret personal goal that dictates we need to win 81 games and that the title is not good enough? That would at least be a reasonable answer to why that core wasn't good enough.

Thanks, bro.

4. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

Are you serious? No offense but portland was actually the superior team. and you really think the rockets were going to get that far with harden playing sub-par?

5. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Chaps I did watch the PO against Portland, and I felt Portland was there for the sweep...seriously....

Rockets played so bad.....they didn't play up to what they could have done at all....

put it this way, switch Mchale with Rick C, or Tom T, I am sure this team would have made minimum conf final this year...I take the poster's point about the super tough Western Conf and I agree it's a crap shoot to get out of the west, but.....

I just really felt coaching for this team would make a huge difference, for this young nucleus....plus it would have been nice to see them all grow and develop as a team together, through adversity. Instead Morey blows it all up for Bosh....

incidentally, we got any chance with getting love?