1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are you getting your SO?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Dec 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Uprising

Uprising Member

As the title states, what are you getting your gf / wife for xmas?

I'm not sure what to get my gf, I'm thinking of having a day at the spa as one of the gifts, but I have no idea what else to get her.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I know I'm getting my fiancee a sweet new...

Nice try woman. :p

3. Uprising

Uprising Member

LOL. That's pretty funny.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

heeeeelllllll yeeeeaaaaaaaa

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Not really sure yet. I bought her an 11 MP digital camera today but after that who knows. :confused:

Any suggestions? :)

6. Uprising

Uprising Member

I'm all out, that's why I'm waiting for yall's responses. :D

She just got a new camera, and doesn't need anything electronic IIRC.

Guess it'll be the Victoria Secret thing etc. But I'd like to have something new, more original.....

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Christmas, I don't know. For our anniversary, which is the day after, I'll likely get her a new wedding band, since our daughter lost the original.

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

Got him a Craftsman toolbox storage rollaway stand or whatever that is. :D

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

I'm giving her several homemade "redeem this for a nice meal together at a restaurant" coupons. Each coupon will have a theme like Italian, Mexican, Asian, etc.. She's so hard to get gifts for but really enjoys going out to eat and do stuff with me, so I think she will love this type of gift.

10. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

I'm not tellin'! HE may or may not be able to read my post at some point or another...

I have no clue. :(

11. Rocketball

Rocketball Member
    Supporting Member

Sweet, and yet kinda goofy at the same time................reminds me of grade school where we had to make those for our mothers (clean my room, one free hug, wash her car, do the dishes, and so on).............

As far as my wife, we usually don't buy for each other, just the kids....but I usually break that deal and get her something.......however I have no idea this year, so I'll be checking back for suggestions..............Fade, I think yours is safe.......... :p

12. MoBalls

MoBalls Member

I don’t know yet. I see her every day at the office with her little cowboy hat and flashlight. She walks the parking lot with pride making sure our vehicles aren’t touched. I have yet to see her in a bad mood. I always get a smile and a 'Good morning" Sometimes I hear her angelic voice singing along to the tunes of 102fm.......my SO is special to me damnit.

13. emjohn

emjohn Member

Right now I'm leaning toward getting her a Southwest giftcard so she can visit her best friend in Indianapolis, even though I really prefer gifts that are tangible. I generally detest giftcards. This is specific enough, though. May even get the actual tickets themselves, risking schedule conflict.

Evan

14. Uprising

Uprising Member

So I take it most of you are buying yourselves things from the BF / CM ads, instead of your significant others? lol.

15. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Christmas week in Jamaica! ;)

(ok, part of that was for me too)

Christmas Card (when you create your own it gets listed)
    Jewelry (I've learned that ANY jewelry works!!!!!)
    iPhone (she's been on me for 2 yrs now to get that thing)
    5x5x6.5 ft Greenhouse (which is up already...early gift)

And here's a short list of what I'm NOT to getting her:

ANYTHING FOR THE KITCHEN

16. gwatson86

gwatson86 Member

Asus Eee PC and one month of paying all the bills.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Hooks. Police Academy.

[a thug, after being knocked down some stairs, realizes he's still got a gun in his waist. He reaches for it, and a revolver is pointed in his face]
    "DON'T MOVE, DIRTBAG! "
    [​IMG]

:eek: What do I win?

At first, I thought Callahan:
    [​IMG]NSFW
    [​IMG]
    "In AMERICA... [removes her shades] talk... IS CHEAP!" [she pushes his head onto her chest. As he has his faced buried there, he says:]
    "I LOVE AMERICA!"

But then you said 102fm, so I didn't think it could be her. ;)

:( Nope. I just pulled the trigger on that Flamingo Pink Dell Insipiron 1525.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking of getting an album and writing her a few romantic letters (along with also including the ones I've written already), getting all the pictures we've taken together and just putting something together. I'm not extremely creative with crafts, but I'll try my best.

Also an Ipod. She doesn't really have any electronic gadgets and I know this one she'd definitely like. :cool:

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

iPods are definitely what we men should get our women. :eek:

20. juicystream

juicystream Member

I got her a car for her B-day, so probably not much for Christmas. I can't tell for she gets on here now. :eek: