1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the Rockets up to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

?

What are the rockets doing?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. They are limited by the owner's concerns over luxury tax and will make only minor additions

21.6%
  2. They are working on a move for an established veteran that will improve the team

40.4%
  3. They will add minor pieces and keep powder dry for later but not because of luxury tax

23.5%
  4. I abstain. Courteously.

14.6%
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is sad. It was non-serious and silly. I am sorry that is offensive to you.

Deckard and justtxyank like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

If he wants the tax payer MLE or the minimum, sure.

I'll admit, it's weird what's happening. We don't seem to be in on ANYONE that is getting real money and the contract we let Ariza leave for is not crazy.

It makes me believe they have moves they are working on.

Deckard likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank you. That's all I wanted. I read very fast, but I don't catch everything. I'm sorry if it seems I overreacted, but while I enjoy a joke as much as the next guy, this is a very intense time of the year. Maybe we need to cut back on some of that stuff in the GARM until things slow down. If @Clutch sees this, blow it off, big guy. :cool:

Hakeemtheking and pbthunder like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Crying in a pillow

whiskeyred likes this.
  5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

man boogie went to GS. we might as well trade everybody for top 1st round picks and throw in the towel. theres literally no reason to even try now. if you disagree your lying to yourself.

6. leebigez

leebigez Member

They should try a sign and trade with capells snd gasol. They want to get younger, he wants to get paid, snd we're trying to win a title within the next 3yrs.

7. Russjr2

Russjr2 Member

Anyone hearing anything on we send Anderson and a 1st to Bulls, Hornets unload salary and send us Batum (3 yrs-$70mil)? I like that deal if true.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

The real good free agents are almost all off the market. Morey better hurry. The only hope now is that he makes trades.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i still cant get over the rockets giving RYNO that many damn years. wtf were they thinking ? that was so very stupid.

we desperately need another star. the warriors are just too fukkin stacked

lw17 likes this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

11. dmoneybangbang

Well if the Boogie signing stands, perhaps "basketball reasons" will happen, then the price for Capela dropped.

zcarenow likes this.
  12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I haven't followed him since he left Portland. How good is he now? Also where did you get this rumor?

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What's our best case outlandish scenario ?

Resign Clint and Luc .

Swap Ryan for bazemore.

Sign a motivated and mature/focused Melo and Dwight for vet min .

I'd roll with that **** .

That being said , it's got a smaller chance of happening than me getting an orgy with the hottest World Cup women .

Chris / Eric
    James / Eric/ baze
    Luc / melo/ baze
    Pj / melo
    Clint / Dwight

The chance that Dwight and melo both gain 30 iq/ maturity points is pretty low outside of them signing with us for vet min

bawanyh, BigShasta and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Member

Eating at Landry’s

15. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Just stand pat and save any change we got to go hard at Klay next year and break that squad up

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just wait. Yule C.

Deckard and Snow Villiers like this.
  17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Vince Carter is the last chance now. He has outlasted his younger own cousin, TMac

18. Russjr2

Russjr2 Member

From a friend of mine. Batum would fit perfectly in this system. He can score and play make from the wing.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

not resigning Ariza for 1 year 15 million looks like an obvious "dont want to pay more tax" move. Sure 15$ million for Ariza is an overpay, but it is for 1 year. It doesn't negatively affect the Rockets ability to sign players this year or in the future, since the rockets are already over the cap AND Ariza's contract will be finished next year.

by not resigning Ariza, the Rockets basically let go of the team's best perimeter defender and a good role player, while hoping PjTucker, green, and whoever they sign for the mle or vet minimum can replace his contribution.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. Fantasma Negro

No he ****ing can't. He's a three and d guy that can't shoot the three. 33 ****ing percent, his ball handling is atrocious. He's a power forward playing small forward and if he's on this roster you will hate him.