1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[weslinder] No-handing it at the urinal, acceptable practice?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rhadamanthus, Jan 26, 2012.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

In honor of our resident expert on bathroom ettiquite, author of such amazing threads as "farting in the public restroom", and "aaargh, crap on my sleeve", I submit the following inquiry to the clutchbbs potty council:

Dudes who no-hand it at the urinal - appropriate or not?

I tend to think not. Not only does this provide for a rather odd looking profile , it increases the risk of splash damage. Also, I don't think this maneuver is feasible without advertising you have a small wang.

What say you, bbs urinal experts?

What sayeth the bathroom oracle, weslinder?

1 person likes this.
  2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm not weslinder, but my feeling is there's some serious risk involved unless you have some semi-wood going on. And why would you, in a public restroom?

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

My tendency is to say that it's not acceptable, but I can't account for others' aiming ability. I need a hand to aim, so I won't no-hand it. If you can aim well without hands, more power to you.

4. ashiin

ashiin Member

[​IMG]

No hand it like a champ

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

It's a weird posture. Almost flamboyant.

"Hey let me lean back and comfortably hold my arms at my sides while a stream of urine issues forth from my third leg."

Gross.

1 person likes this.
  6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Only if there is some level of drunkenness with the pee-er...and the no handing approach is due to one hand holding said cause of drunkenness...and the other is used to prop against the wall...to keep from falling into said urinal.

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I have to always two hand it.

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/54t0iyp_udc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

showboating in a public restroom is never appropriate.

Plus I think it's textbook reckless endangerment (to his khakis... or to other people if he's at one of those old school pee troughs), or possibly gross negligence. The janitor would concur with the gross part. If he sings 'wiggle wiggle wiggle' ala LMFAO when he's done, a beatdown might be necessary.

and asking for a helping hand from a friend is definitely offside.

11. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Why? What is the point? Is your penis not clean? Is the shaft so full of bacteria and filth that merely touching it will make your hand melt off?

Or do you have something else to do with your other two hands while at the urinal? Helping other guys out, maybe?

The point is, there's no valid reason I can see not to hold your penis while you pee. It reduces the risk of peeing on your leg (super flaccid) or over the urinal (super hard) and helps in directing the stream to reduce splash.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i have to hold it...

...to keep it from touching the bottom of the urinal.

13. The Drake

The Drake Member

14. Win

Win Contributing Member

Clearly, standing at the urinal is an inappropriate time to assume such a lais-sez-faire position. Perhaps if one was at one of those long troughs, feeling lucky.

15. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I did not know anyone even did this. My piece would prob look like a fire hose with no one at the helm, everyone look out!

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The time period of a pendulum's swing is primarily dependent on the inverse square root of its length. Just thought I would throw that into the discussion.

I think the no hands things is a little weird. But one hand on cell phone and one on junk is almost just as bad.

Worst of all is urinal companies with (I'm assuming?) female designers who make poorly-angled splash surfaces, unless the idea is to decorate khakis.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this drives me nuts....to get splattered

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Friend of mine told me he was once at a urinal and notices a guy walk up next to him that proceeds to piss with both hands on his hips. Perplexed by this, my friend decides to look more closely at this individual, only to find out that it was none other than Rudy T himself. True story.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've peed next to Rudy T! Back when the Rockets had camp in Austin, I was lucky enough to know someone who knew the head bball coach at the high school they held practices. So, I see him going to take a piss and I follow him in so I can have my chance to say whassup to the best coach of all-time. :)

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How the hell can you even tell?