1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're not winning a champion ship with Mchale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MuddyWaters, May 10, 2015.

1. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

As much as i hate to say it but going into the second round may have saved Mchale careers since les was contempt with just making the playoffs

He prob wont get fired this offseason sadly. If it take one more year of mchales shenanigans than embarresment in the playoffs to open up les eyes than so be it

Our record this year is thanks to the heriocs of Harden taking his game to another level and bailing out the coaches countless of times. That just cant work in the playoffs.

Playoff basketball is more like a game of chess where one coach makes a move and than the otherone makes a counter.

To many times have i seen teams go on
    crazy runs and MChale is just sitting there watching the game like he's in the stands. To many times have i seen him making subs that completely defies basic basketball knowledge. Something must be done

2. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

People talk about our offense being the issue - I think it's our defense. I felt sorry for Howard tonight. He rage quit because no one was rotating onto deandre whenever he played help side - ended up giving up a bunch of oops.

Thibs is the best defensive mind in the league. We can't allow a team to score 130 points in a playoff game.

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

No **** Sherlock.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

you sunk my champion ship!

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Wrong. We are the Southwest Division Champs.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

7. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

I think we should swing for the fences and try Ettore Messina.
    So many coaches that has worked under Pops has flourished into there own in the league

8. DynastySS

DynastySS Member

Hmm, I thought the Rox were swag champs though? Which championship you trying to win?

9. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

i want a finals mvp to a hardens resume

10. hoopball

hoopball Member

this thread needs more attention so bump

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I will take a champion car instead

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Our coaching staff is ineffective and our defensive schemes are elementary. We have a bunch of AAU athletes that dominate lower competition. In the playoffs that strength turns into a weaknesses when you're matched against better athletes who are coached better. Doc knows how to beat the Rockets.

I vote for Sam Cassell as our next coach along with Mario Elie as an assistant.

13. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Mchail will get one more year due to the terms of his contract extension, so buckle up for the ride.

14. MFG16

MFG16 Member

The difference between good management and bad is when decisions like these get made. Let's be honest, McHale should have been fired a while back. The only problem with waiting another year for eyes to open is our window is closing. I see this team as last years Warriors team. We have good players but the coaching (or lack thereof) is holding us back. We need a competent HC in the worst way.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

May 27, 2011: Signed a 3-year deal with a 4th year team option

April 2, 2014: Kelvin Sampson hired as UH Head Coach

May 2, 2014: Defeated in 6 games by Portland

May 3, 2014: Team option picked up; Kevin McHale to return as coach

May 11, 2014: Rockets fire assistant Dean Cooper & Darryl Eto

[Had a hard time finding a Sampson replacement but McHale may have been okay with that.]
    Pursued Lionel Hollins but he was not interested [in either being an assistant or working for McHale/Rockets]. Nets later hired him as Head Coach.

September 30, 2014: Rockets [bring back] hire T.R. Dunn

Defense was turned over to J.B. Bickerstaff

December 24, 2014: Kevin McHale signed to 3-year extension

May 4-10, 2015: Beaten soundly in 3 of 4 second round games.

...so here we are.

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I can't blame this on McHale. This series has been all about execution and mindset. I see blown coverage and lazy plays not a lack of preparation. How can he build and add new wrinkles into the schemes when the players aren't even running the basic scheme correctly?

I understand motivating players is part of his job but if you can't motivate yourself to respond when the other team is clowning you to the degree that the Clips have clowned them in this series, what exactly can he do?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We won 3 out of 4 1st quarters
    Lost 3 out of 4 Second,Third and Fourth Quarters

One word . .. ADJUSTMENTS or lack thereof

Rocket River

18. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I would love this hire... here are some other HCs i wouldn't mind hiring who i think can propel us into championship contenders

Avery Johnson, Alvin Gentry, Nate Mcmillan and Mike Malone

19. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I wish I could win a champion ship too, one day.

[​IMG]

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If I had a team with Howard, Davis, Durant, Harden and Paul, even i could coach them to a title. Coaches are like jockeys, sure they help, but horses win races.

1 person likes this.