1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well well well

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Honey Bear, Mar 31, 2011.

?

What should the Rockets do this offseason?

1. Trade Scola and KMart for future prospects, BLOW IT UP

15.7%
  2. Keep the same roster - they ended the season well

31.5%
  3. Fire Adelman and become defensive oriented

3.4%
  4. Hope a superstar becomes available for Kmart or Scola + youth

49.4%
  1. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

If we don't spend the first six weeks of the season openly and publicly trying to trade anybody and everybody on the roster,and if we don't spend all of January and all of February openly and publicly trying to trade anybody and everybody on the roster, I think we're a number 5 seed dreaming of home court advantage instead of number 9 dreaming of making the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  2. highlander3128

Well well well!!!
    Very frustrating. We are caught in no man's land yet again stuck in the middle of the packs, but not good enough makd the play off.
    Only consolation is guys can go fishing early. :eek:

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

First, organization has to make a decision on Yao (or it already has).

If Yao is not likely to ever be a dominant force again, then here's what we need to do (and I assume this to be the most likely scenario).

Trade Scola for draft picks in 2013-2014. We should look to trade to teams that are desperately making their last few runs into the playoffs and will soon suck pig nipples. In other words, teams like Boston and San Antonio.

There's no point in keeping Scola. He's not going to increase in value here and he's not going to be around long enough to help us win a ring. He's undersized as well. He works if he is put next to a super tall center and small forward, and that's not likely to ever be the case.

I'm not sure if I'd move Kmart. He might have enough years to make him worth keeping....he's so skinny that he'll last a long time. However, if he would be unhappy playing for a losing team, he should be moved.

Now, with all the cap space...I'd wait. I'd let these guys play. If their contracts are to expire soon, trade them for younger talent. But you wait. Don't try to get Chris Paul or any other star.

Instead, you let guys like Chase, Lowry, PP, and Hill run the show. If they win, great, if they lose, all the better. But the key is to let them play and develop without the pressure of having to win 50 games.

You play the game until you get lucky and can acquire a star in the draft or in a trade for a young guy that a team has grossly undervalued. Then, and only then, do you use your cap space to sign big time free agents to complement your hardened group of developed talent.

That's how I think the Rockets should play it.

4. sammy

sammy Member

Keep the core. Martin, Scola, Hayes and Lowry. Try to keep Patterson, Budinger, Dragic, and Lee but try to add Dwight Howard at all costs. Win multiple titles.

5. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

JHill and TWill throwing up gang signs, get them off the team. ;)

6. Treeza

Treeza Member

Can someone please photoshop chuck onto a bike replacing E.T.

please...will rep.

7. MadMax

MadMax Member

can you hear that noise...that faint tapping noise? that's me banging my head against the wall.

holy freaking crap, i sincerely hope the plan is not to bring yao back in with the expectation he will be our starting center.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This team is built to score points, adding a guy like Howard to patrol the paint would be a dream come true.

Alas, a dream it shall probably remain.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Here we go. Finally someone gets it right, no need to trade Scola or Martin. The team deserves to add the insert players and go along with the current roster. Let me them play at least more season together. Go Rockets.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

I hear a kind of hollow knocking.

11. Beavis

Beavis Member

they will be worse next year. management ie tad/morey/les just dont get it. they think bringing back a healthy yao will get this team to contend. really? really? really?

thats what tad brown said during philly game..its either speak trying to get ticket sales or they really are dumb enough to believe this.

im worried they are dumb enough to believe this. they see close games like the miami game and probably think yao would have made this team a winner. it wont. he cant stay healthy and even if he was whose to say he will be a force like he was 7 years ago...he wont be..defies scientific logic. everyone from mj to bird broke down yet management thinks yao can come back over and over...wow.

im not so mad about missing playoffs, i expected that..im mad they wont clean house.they will bring back the usual suspects...budinger,yao,hayes...same crap as this year.

they expect different results yet will bring back the same cast of characters from this year..they need to really learn how to tank a couple of seasons ,last year would have brought cousins, this year could have brought irving, but they just keep drafting role players like patterson because of this "win at all costs" from Les.

stuck in mediocrity ,and they will be always, because morey makes sure this team has very good role players that finish with 40 wins, but cant bring in the superstar because that has to be done either via draft, or with a superstar actually wanting to play in houston(not happening)..

12. favhr#12

favhr#12 Member

i expect nutin nutin at all there will be no superstara nd yao ming will get hurt again (by da way im sayin dis so we dont get jinxed)

13. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Re-signing Yao will have to come cheap. The likelihood of injury is just too great to give the guy true superstar money. Even with limited minutes this year the guy crumbled. I really hope the Rockets rethink bringing him back.

14. Beavis

Beavis Member

they had this front line for 2 years now, and you want another season? im not sure why some of you have this blind faith. this line gets destroyed nearly everynight. insert Andrew Bogut or Dwight Howard, then maybe they can contend next year.Inserting Hasheem and Yao,miss playoffs again next year.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

why are you so quick to get rid of scola and martin :confused:

16. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

What the hell is Jordan Hill doing looks like some kinda gang sign

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

tasklist:
    -Acquire shot-blocking/rebounding big
    -Get rid of Miller
    -Bring back Yao and Chuck
    -Draft BPA

1 person likes this.
  18. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

How about wait until a quality big is available and go from there????
    This team is a 6 seed with a player as slightly above average as Tyson Chandler is starting at center

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I voted for ...

[​IMG]

20. Amel

Amel Member