1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome to Firing Line Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, May 2, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Kentucky Derby Time

Last years thread, <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=254238&highlight=california+chrome">Welcome to California Chrome Day</a> I won a lot of money on the exacta

I find it hard to bet against American Pharoah, but after extensive video study,,,Firing Line seems primed and has a better post position to Pharoah.

Firing Line also has the fastest times of these 3yr olds. Despite being beaten twice in photo finishes by Dortmund, he saved his best for last.

If the track is wet, though, I'm going with Pharoah.

I do think these three horses outclass the field. Dortmund has the best post position, though.

So, time for a trifecta box, maybe?

I'm doing Firing Line to win, single bet.
    Exacta Box with Pharoah and Firing Line (and something else, haven't decided, yet, not Dortmund)
    And a Trifecta Box with both plus Dortmund

What are you doing?

#1 heypartner, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. heypartner

Oh, and by the way, the fastest horse this year is a horse called Texas Red...awesome. Not in the Derby though. Keep an eye out for him in the Belmont.

My favorite horse, "Far From Over," got injured and won't race anymore this year as a 3yr old...sigh.

3. Asian Sensation

There's an elder woman in our office who knows jack ****, absolutely nada, zippo about sports. We (mostly guys who think they know everything about sports) always make predictions whether it be Kentucky Derby, Super Bowl, March Madness, NBA playoffs, National championship game, World Cup etc. Very rarely does she pick incorrectly. It's almost gotten to the point where it's freaky how often she's right.

Well earlier today at work she picked Firing Line.

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Shhhhh. Just close your eyes. It will all be over soon.

1 person likes this.
  5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Semi related, but it will be interesting to see how the betting is affected by the fight.

6. heypartner

Kwame. Wake up. Odds are dropping on firing line and Dortmund

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME !!!

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a>
    Who's watching the Kentucky Derby?</p>&mdash; Ken Jennings (@KenJennings) <a href="https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/594626344295641088">May 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. heypartner

Ok. I won both the exacta and trifecta

Pharoah is awesome. We have haven't seen him tested until today. And I was betting on firing line not losing to Dortmund three times in a row

Can pharoah beat firing line twice in a row. That's the next bet

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The misspelling wins the Kentucky Derby!

11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Anyone else feel uncomfortable when Espinoza kept saying: "I'm such a lucky Mexican"?

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Won some money. Today was a good day.

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Congrats to HeyPartner for correctly picking the horses that finished 1, 2, and 3 in the Derby. The man knows his horses.

14. heypartner

Rolling over all my Derby winnings to Firing Line to Place.

I honestly believe Firing Line will win the race, though. I don't think Pharoah has Firing Line's speed at this distance.

I think 4-1 odds is an insult, especially at this distance which Pharoah has never ran faster than Firing Line and Dortmund, including the Derby splits; albeit, Pharoah never ran against competition like FL and D going at it.

How Dortmund has better odds than Firing Line yet again is beyond me. It's not based on results, and times, that's for sure.

15. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

Good luck. I am riding with u

16. heypartner

Firing Line is getting a lot of action. Now at 5-2. My bet won't be paying off much. Maybe not worth riding with me. It's annoying that Vegas wouldn't give updated odds last night. I might have made two exacta bets instead.

17. SupermanSK

SupermanSK Contributing Member

i bet firing line at the Kentucky derby and was feeling the same way today. especially the way he ran and his post this race.....:(

18. heypartner

crap shoot when it rains like this. As I said in the OP, if it's muddy, no one's beating Pharoah. Neither Dortmund nor FL have run in anything but perfect conditions.

It's all for fun to bet, but if I was live at a betting facility, I wouldn't have bet on any horse on rain like this. It's just pure gambling.

The one thing is you can throw these results out the window wrt to how they affect odds in Belmont. Sucks for trying to evaluate the next race. I'll probably abstain and just watch, but it will be fun to look at the new horses they will throw at Pharoah, like they did Chrome last year.

#18 heypartner, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

That said, if you have a camera that takes photos of the future one day in advance at 8pm... Then you bet the house rain or shine. Just make sure you get the 8 8am photos too.