1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We can't hold a lead for ****

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Apr 10, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

thank goodness you're not a coach. now we have people saying the rockets should have fouled being up 2

[​IMG]

Denovo and kjayp like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why? The longer distance the shot, the less margin for error there is on the release of the shot, no?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We missed 9 3s in the 4th quarter and 5 jump shots/layups. We did very little good, and just choked. Half our team just didn't do enough rebounding. Why did James take 15 3s when Green or Paul were hot and he wasn't? Some things never change. You also just can't let Adams get 9 rebounds in the first quarter, or let that team get 18 offensive rebounds. House didn't do much of anything period.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I mean this is pretty much it...people always act like its due to randomness but we really one score 2 ways, 3s and FTs. When the 3 ball isn't falling and its half way through the 4th what do people expect?

The Warriors, yes the warriors shoot the 2nd most midranges in the league. Let that sink in.

kjayp and hakeem94 like this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think the problem though is amount of practice put in to shooting from each spot on the floor.

My guess is the coaches encourage the team to practice shooting mostly 3s.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s also basic human physiology , when your recruit more muscle groups (motor units) , you sacrifice greater strength for dexterity and fine movement . That’s why I can sit next to the hoop and make a hundred shots in a row, but the further I get the more difficult it is and the variance also increases.

7. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

well tell me what happened since they didn't'foul a 60 something percent shooter on a miss free freethrow with 9 seconds left coach McHale?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

ill choose not to entertain pure stupidity any further

9. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Good day sir