1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch The Rockets Training Camp on NBA TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LegendZ3, Sep 29, 2005.

1. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Here is your chance to peek in Rockets training camp!

http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/nbatv_trainingcamps_050928.html

NBA TV to Offer Unprecedented Coverage of Training Camps for All 30 NBA Teams
    SECAUCUS, N.J., Sept. 28 -- For its most ambitious preseason undertaking ever, NBA TV will provide viewers with unprecedented coverage from all 30 NBA training camps with live look-ins to practices beginning Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 7 p.m. ET and continuing through Friday, Oct. 28.

NBA TV’s Real Training Camp will present a nightly 30-minute show at 7 p.m. ET, Mondays through Fridays for three consecutive weeks, featuring in-depth coverage of each day's training camp developments and a recap of that day’s earlier live coverage from camp.

In its third season as NBA TV’s preseason reality show, Real Training Camp builds on the success of the exclusive coverage of the training camps of the Denver Nuggets in 2003-04 and the New Orleans Hornets in 2004-05, and for the first time, expands this season to cover the rigorous training schedule of every team.

With extensive access to practices, daily workouts, training sessions, players, coaches and front-office executives, fans will have an exclusive opportunity to see -- through the eyes of those closest to the game -- how teams prepare for the upcoming NBA season.

NBA TV host Andre Aldridge and NBA TV Fantasy Hoops anchor Rick Kamla will host Real Training Camp and travel on-site to camps providing daily updates, exclusive player interviews and analyzing breaking news.

“The expanded format for Real Training Camp is a significant departure from years past when we focused exclusively on one team and now will cover the entire league. This is our most ambitious preseason endeavor in terms of manpower and technology, and we are committed to delivering to our fans the most comprehensive access to the NBA preseason.” said Steve Herbst, Vice President and General Manager of NBA TV.

About NBA TV
    Launched in 1999, NBA TV is a fan's all-access channel for everything basketball. NBA TV offers exciting new technology such as High-Definition and VOD; more than 20 original series programs; more than 200 games including 100 NBA regular-season and Playoff games; major International competitions and weekly Euroleague games; exclusive access to NBA events; news from around the world of basketball; nightly highlights; Top 10 Plays of the Day; interviews with the game's insiders; real-time statistics; and, the latest fantasy basketball and video game news. NBA TV has more than 30 national advertisers on board, is available to 67 million U.S. homes through several of the nation's top 10 cable and satellite companies -- Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House, DIRECTV and DISH Network -- and can be seen in 39 countries abroad.

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Sounds cool. I can't wait to get my early Rockets fix.

Will we know when Rocket stuff in particular is coming on? Or will it be a hodgepodge of stuff and we need to watch the whole thing just to get a 5 minute blip about the Rockets?

3. RioGrando

RioGrando Member

that dude Kamla has a cool job.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Paging R2K. Paging R2K. :)

5. droxford

droxford Member

Yeah. Not everybody has NBATV. I'm gonna have to watch torrents.

6. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I have comcast, and they have free NBA TV preview now, but I don't know how long it will last.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I can't see Gumby allowing coverage of anything but a few wind sprints. Then again, that could be entertaining....

Is that Yao way out in the lead!?!

No.

They lapped him.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'll see what I can do...no guarantees.

Maybe a weekly recap torrent with only Rockets stuff(if any)..

My capture card doesnt get NBA TV..but my Tivo does, so I might be able to record from the tivo to a tape and then capture it to my cap card inputs.

9. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Classic. :D

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

11. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

definately going to put the rox training camp on DVR..and maybe couple of others...ive seen the series b4..its pretty awesome...very indepth...two thumbs way up :cool:

12. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

is it free-viewing ?

13. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Yes.

if you have nba tv ;)

14. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

does anyone know if its going to be a whole show on rockets training camp like they did with the nuggets? in the article is doesn't really say it so i'm guessing they show every teams training camp in parts.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

NICE! lol. :D

16. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

they are gonna have two teams..per show...3 consecutive weeks...Mon-Fri = 15 shows....30 teams in the league...so yea.. ;)

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Let me know if you need logistics help with that. I have a ReplayTV that is currently unused that I can hook up for the express purpose of recording this stuff. I have 2 T/W DVRs at the house as well, so I can catch a LOT of this digitally.

18. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Damn, yall guys got the hook up

19. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

is media day tomorrow guys?

20. sime0n

sime0n Member

schedule out for this yet?