1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Washington Post] Why don't moms with kids have time?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DarkHorse, Jul 11, 2010.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

All of you childless mongrels out there need to read this and then shut the hell up for the rest of your childless lives. Dads, go and hug your wife and baby mommas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/22/AR2007052201554.html

#1 DarkHorse, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. Mae

Mae Member

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Now back to the kitchen.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mae

Mae Member

Ha! Got all my kitchen duties done for today.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

In judging the stay-at-home parent, you need to look at the end result- your kids. If they're a-holes, a majority of the blame falls with the parents. Sure, BOTH parents matter, but it's asinine to assume that it's 50/50 if one parent spends the majority of the time with the kid.

2 people like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

LerBon's mum did well in teaching him how to ball and dance.

1 person likes this.
  7. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

well, that definitely reaffirmed my decision to not have kids.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Agreed, but it applies to Dads as well...I'm doing it now and man, I do laundry and fold ever night, cook, clean, referee, teach right from wrong, and did I say stop the fighting and constantly cleaning?

Love my kids but some peace and quiet would be great sometimes...to go to the bathroom without interruption would be nice...lol...friends got together this past Friday night and they wanted me to go, which I would have loved to, but i didn't find out till late, not able to get babysitter...typical life of a single parent...

1 person likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Who will take care of you when you're old?

10. The Real Shady

They just stick you in a nursing home anyway.

1 person likes this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Why don't moms with kids have time?

You mean there are moms without kids??

1 person likes this.
  12. Mr. Brightside

It's because they are out ****ing the postman. Stupid b****. I didn't need her anyway.

1 person likes this.
  13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr. Brightside again.

14. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

Technically the article was called "friends" without kids, but I figured I clarify for the 99% maleness in ClutchFans.

15. Mae

Mae Member

Omg. This would be great.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Well, that's a damn shame. You're better qualified than most.

17. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

Not to denigrate the role of mothers in the home (go moms!), but the "answer" the author provided in the original article didn't address the original question that was posed. The reader was asking for a more concrete schedule of the day-to-day life of a stay-at-home mom and how that was significantly different than the schedule of a childless person, and the author responded with an abstract, emotional argument that really didn't do anything but bolster his argument. "It's needing 45 minutes to do what takes others 15". Really? Everything takes three times as long? Every single thing? I'm sorry, I work with young children, both inside and outside of school settings (youth groups, day care, etc.). That's just not true.

"Either make a sincere effort to understand or keep your snit to yourself"? He WAS making an effort to understand, and the author went off. Statements like this are one of the reasons the argument against the "busy mom" still exists. This article was nothing more than an effort to pander to stay-at-home moms.

1 person likes this.
  18. macalu

macalu Member

^^^i'm with stupid.

i don't care how great you think your kids are, shut those buggers up in the grocery store and keep them out of the movie aisles.

1 person likes this.
  19. Mr. Brightside

A great time to post one of my more favorite recent stories I've read.

http://consumerist.com/2010/03/grandpa-punched-kids-in-head-at-walmart-for-thrill.html

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

I'm a childless male, and I agree with this sentiment.

The immediate answer is I'ma male, with no child, so have NO business even PONDERING the question.

Thats a bunch of bull. It that attitude coupled with what you said that DENIGRATES a man's position in raising children. What used to be commonplace having paternal involvement in children's lives, is almost now seen as a THREAT to a woman's position. Why? I really don't understand that attitude. Then people wonder why the family structure is so messed up?

"It takes a NATION (of women) to RAISE A CHILD! And Men to fund it when we WANT THEM!"

Our ability to not give a **** doesnt cease to amaze. We wanted our parents to be good people, we still blame them for everything in our lives until they pass away. But then we don't want to be better examples? Live some unsustainable Peter Pan lives until we're 80? Really its hypocrisy

(okay rant done :) )

So what IS it that stay at home mothers do?

1 person likes this.