1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waller County: 'Illegal' Lane Change leads to Death

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jul 17, 2015.

1. tenguin

tenguin Member

I say looking for trouble bc no turn signal would get 99% of houstonians

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

So I'll assume you are not an individual with basic cognitive skills.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

I'm not sure of the exact cost, but posting bail is typically a small percentage of bond -- i'm not sure if her situation was different.
    _____

If you can’t afford to post your own bail, you can contract a commercial bail bond agent (or bail bondsman) to pay and ensure bond. A bond agent will charge a nonrefundable fee, usually 10 to 20 percent of the total bail. In return, the bail bond agent agrees to pay the remaining amount to the court if you fail to appear for your court proceedings.

link

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair, she committed 2 violations in less than one minute right in front of a cop....that's begging to get pulled over. The reason he flipped around to follow her was because she took a right turn without signaling, then right after that she changes lanes without signaling. You would think someone who has had their drivers license suspended 3 times in the past would be more careful than that.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, something that sort of hurts the "She wouldn't kill herself" comments by the family is the fact that she admitted to having attempted suicide in the past by taking pills and the autopsy notes cutting scars on her wrists.....

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Man stop smoking the *hit BTG the officer created this issue he is a DPS officer they are known as the best in the state he did not handle this well and that has been noted as a fact.He was not cool about this he was a wrong to have ask her to get out of the car he had no reason to.SO STOP YOUR TROLLING BS AND MOVE ON .

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Her attitude? Since when is attitude a justification for arresting someone?

Hey, I dont like your attitude. If I were a cop and I saw you jay walking, I won't just give you a ticket, I'd throw you to the grown, arrest you and embarrass you for your attitude.

But if you had a good attitude I liked, I'd just have given you a warning.

That sounds like banana republic justice.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's simply not true, the mentally unstable woman created the issue by turning what was going to be a warning into an arrest and then killing herself....that's no one else's fault but hers.

Odds are when he ran her record in the car he saw her prior mar1juana possession charge and her fairly recent DUI arrest and decided to get her out of the car and do a search after she started acting out. Her odd behavior is certainly enough to justify further investigation.

This ordeal is 100% on her, the cop was just doing his job.

9. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Mugshot don't look right. She already looks dead.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

If the cop was doing his job he would ignore her smoking her cigarette in her own car, and write the damn ticket WHICH THE LADY EXPLICITLY STATED THE OFFICER HAD EVERY RIGHT TO and both of them would be on their merry way.

11. Kim

Kim Member

This. $5K means $500. She was stuck in jail 3 days with her cell phone and choosing to stay like that instead of paying $500 is just weird to me.

12. Freik

Freik Member

Cops think attitude is being defensive which would lead them to believe you are hiding something.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Common sense would suggest otherwise. Hypothetically, if I'm hiding something it's all "Yes sir, No sir, thank you sir".

#253 fchowd0311, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  14. Bäumer

Bäumer Member

Because you don't want to hurt the cop's feelings. They are very sensitive and get upset easily like a chick on the rag.

15. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

A lot of people are getting worked up about the cigarette. A police officer called into 97.9 yesterday while they were talking about all of this. He says it is pretty normal if someone is acting irate and also smoking a cigarette that they ask them to put it out, because you don't know if they'll all of a sudden try to burn you with it. He said that's training.

Obviously a lot of that is gut feeling and all. You don't really know if what was going through his head at the time. But, if she had prior charges and a DUI and was acting "funny" then yeah, he can ask her to get out. He probably escalated it too quickly and should have just called for another car instead of pulling the taser and giving the "I will light you up warning." I'm sure those are the things he'll be disciplined for.

I also find it odd she was in jail for 3 days, only needing $500. You can get out of jail pretty quick, especially with low bonds like that. I know someone who got out over night with a $300K Bond (his lawyer ended up knowing the judge and going through a whole process to get the bond down to $30K, so they paid like $3K to get out, long story).

The more you dig though, seems like the weirder it looks. I think we all know the situation was escalated too quickly. And he's being punished for that. Not sure why that's still an argument. The real story is did she commit suicide. I mean, really...if the suicide thing is a cover up, I mean, where do you go from there?

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

You're on to something. This woman may have done all this as a complete stunt in order to be the next black "martyr" along the lines of Mike Brown or Eric Garner.

1. She clearly instigated a fight with a cop. That is 100% clear.

2. She knew it was being video recorded and that would get out.

3. She almost certainly could have scrounged up $500 for bail.

4. Bland’s mother, recalled one of her last conversations with her daughter.
    “She said, ‘Momma, now I know what my purpose is. My purpose is to go back to Texas. My purpose is to stop all social injustice in the South.’ ”

5. In the weeks before her death in police custody, Bland regularly used the #SandySpeaks hashtag to post videos on Facebook in which she denounced police brutality and racism.

6. She had considered suicide before, and wasn't afraid of it.

This appears to all be a stunt by Bland.

#256 bigtexxx, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

She was broke, she couldn't even afford car insurance most of the time, that's why she had her drivers license suspended 3 times already. If she had 500 bucks, or had any way to get 500 bucks, she'd have bonded out early.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

He didn't kill her. She had a history of suicide. You are starting to sound like these Jade Helm conspiracy nuts - just praying that there is something there. Get over it.

19. Kim

Kim Member

She has all these friends and family and church who are mourning her death, and it's tragic to me no matter how you cut it, but no one could have loaned her $500 to get bailed out? $500 is not an insignificant sum, but if you're in jail with a phone, it's weird that 5 friends or loved ones didn't pitch in $100 each to get you out.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, how good of friends could they have been if they wouldn't pitch in to get her out? I suspect she has a lot more "close friends" now that she is dead and a national story than she had in life. It's really sad.