1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waive McGrady (i'm super-serial, you guys!)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AntiSonic, Feb 18, 2009.

1. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you used contender in the same sentence as mcgrady :D

though, waiving him isn't the right option, nor will it happen.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Pigs will be flying through the snowy skies of Hell?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

You don't need Bosh, Lebron, Wade or even Melo (is that your 4rth?) to have a succesful free agency in 2010.

There's still Joe Johnson, Dirk Nowitzki plus a whole of other free agents out there. Houston is a very attractive place for free agents. Since I think there's no income tax, we're actually offering more than other teams when we give a contract. Don't forget the Chinese factor brought upon by Yao Ming-surely endorsement deals from China companies are nothing to scoff at as well. A lot of players actually make their home in Houston in the offseason--I'm sure they'd like to live there permanently and be with their families more.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I know you didn't just suggest that the Rockets go after Dirkendouche. :mad:

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well why don't you just wait for the contract to expire then? By "getting it over with" as you put it you're cutting back on your options with Tmac.

Let me put this way. Right now we have Tmac's contract we have two options:

1) Trade Tmac for a stud

2) Let it expire,sign another player via free agency

We waive Tmac, we're only down to option 2. And for what? Just to say you got it over it? You're intentionally shooting yourself in the foot, and I don't see any reason for it.

As I said, there is no benefit to waiving Tmac. At all. Why is that hard to understand?

6. Pringles

Pringles Member

(Please note, I haven't read the posts before me)

Give him the Mabury treatment. I said this before his big announcements.

I'm not going to lie... I've always been a Francis fan since I was a little kid. And ever since I heard Tracy admitting to the Orlando Sentinel that he quit during the season, I wanted nothing to do with him.

Players with less talent but TRIES HARD > Players with more talent but quits

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

Also, don't waive him.

That'll do him a favor.

Trade him.

He has value because of his contract. Once offseason starts, trade him!

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

no........

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol Don't let your Mavs hate cloud your judgement. Dirk would be the perfect complement to Yao Ming. Pair them up and we'd probably have the lesser version of the Dream/Ralph Samson twin towers. In weaksauce big man era of today, that's probably more than enough to reach the finals.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

It will be sweet justice to win a playoff series with McBaby on IR.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Just curious are you still a fan of Francis?

And are you a fan of Artest?

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

nothing says we have to take on those contracts. by keeping mcgrady on the books next year, we give ourselves more options to upgrade the team in a very significant way, either by picking up someone who, while in an undersirable contract on a team going nowhere, could provide a boost to a team with playoff/championship aspirations or by letting his contract expire and use it for in the 2010 offseason Johnson or Bosh (being realistic)

cutting him does nothing but help out some fans who've had their feelings hurt.

aside from that, i'm not quite sure the franchise is done with mcgrady as a whole.

13. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Man the thought of that makes me cringe. We would have had an all-star lineup.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Member

I asked this in the sticky thread but I'll ask again:

Why would Tmac sabatoge the trade proposals for him with this micro fracture surgery? I think it's more saving face then anything.

Why does he care anymore what team he's on? He's guaranteed to get his money no matter what team he's on.

I just don't get this sabotage potential trades with the micro fracture surgery angle. I just think he's just saving face and he's doubting his own body.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i guess we should wait until he actually has the surgery to see. there is absolutely no way he was sabotaging a trade by having a procedure like that done. he has absolutely nothing to gain by doing something like that.

16. saleem

saleem Member

Waiving him is a big mistake. There is a good chance to get a good player in 2010.

17. ASERED95

ASERED95 Member

I highly doubt (matter of fact i know) the Rockets will trade t-mac by tomorrow i used to be a huge t-mac fan that would always give him a pass but now i lost most of the respect i had for him. Yes i understand that only he knows how his body feels but remember it used to be his back, then his his shoulder, and now his knee?! :confused: i swear he SHOULD be traded but he won't

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Member

...and waiving him wouldn't impact 2010 at all. He comes off the books in 2010 regardless if we waive him or not.

So why do you want to waive him?

19. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

They won't want T-Mac playing BUT they will LOVE his $20 million salary coming off the books.

20. jedicro

jedicro Member

I thank god every day that you're not the GM of the Rockets.