1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Elon isn't a technical expert. He self taught himself basics of some coding languages to create websites. That's all he knew how to do when he created "x.com" and zip2.

As soon as those companies were bought out intern level comp sci undergrad majors rewrote his code significantly more efficiently. So I don't know how technically proficient you are if you can have undergrad interns correct your work.

2. adoo

adoo Member

thank you for the corroboration w specifics

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Anti-law enforcement, anti-American,... he will do or say anything to get maga types to support him.

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

This is what happens when you don't know the facts and speak on something you hear in a soundbite (and I am giving Viv the benefit of the doubt), if you had no knowledge of what happened then this might seem like a bad thing, but once you REALLY know the facts you will see he actually got off lightly, you cannot coordinate the overthrow of the government and expect to not go to prison, no matter how stupid and utterly incompetent your plan was. In some countries he would be taken out back and shot so he should consider himself lucky.................besides, all the homies in the joint will LOVE him :eek:

Man, Viv had some promise to him but that's what so good about having a year to "learn" about the candidates, Viv is just playing to the base and propping up trump............I am not sure what he is really hoping to achieve but I don't trust him to make the decisions I would support so I was a soft no on him and now I am a hard NO and will throw him in the trash bin marked "typical maga gop wanna be"

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Does Vivek believe 14 year old girls should be forced to carry out their pregnancy to term?

ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Did she win the nomination? I assume he means winning a parties nomination based on how he worded it.

Regardless, Margaret Chase Smith was an impressive woman and a very centrist politician.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Who is arguing there are more than 2 sexes?

FranchiseBlade and ROCKSS like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Elon Musk is a businessman and to some degree an inventor in the same vein as Thomas Edison. Musk, like Edison is very good at what he does, but that doesn't mean that he is good at everything else. In hindsight, would anyone want Thomas Edison or Henry Ford running the United States as President?

As for Ramaswamy, he has charisma because he is well spoken, well educated, speaks fast and has an amazing unwavering confidence that few have - other than those that are sociopaths.

glynch, AroundTheWorld and ROCKSS like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He is also extremely intelligent. As smart as he talks fast. Doesn't mean I agree with him on everything, especially foreign politics and Ukraine, but he is pretty damn impressive.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Impressive in what sense? Impressive in a sense that shows a sincere desire to help others and be a reasonable adult in it comes to governance of a society?

He is the most advanced version of your door to door salesmen. He's the ultimate form of that and in that sense yes he is impressive.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Issue is that we don’t actually know what he believes. He’s clearly trolling the maga base and it’s working

JuanValdez and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Member

Truth Hammer coming down hard on this clown.

Rashmon likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I agree that he is impressive in some ways, and I also agree that he is intelligent (just not as intelligent as he thinks he is). He is also very successful financially, but I don't agree with him on a number of issues.

mdrowe00, ROCKSS and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Just out of curiosity, what did Elon Musk invent? I mean, he was the founder of SpaceX which is an innovative company...but I didnt think he was known for any inventions.

Nook likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Off the top of my head?

When he was like 10 years old he invented a videogame that was praised. He also invented one of the earliest computer business directories, was one of the inventors of Pay Pal as a payment system, SpaceX, Boring Industries, Tesla, Hyper Loop, the Falcon com rocket, Open AI ......... and there are a lot of others.

Did he sit in his basement and invent them while tinkering on them - no, he had the vision (like Edison and Ford) and he had scientists work on what he wanted done, and in some cases he worked on them as well.

There is a large push to try and discredit Elon Musk because of his politics, trolling, mess of a personal life and generally weird behavior - but the truth is that he is a visionary and an inventor and businessman - he is great at all of that, but it doesn't mean his political opinions should or shouldn't hold any weight.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, there is an effort to discredit him because of his politics, and he is highly intelligent. But things like Tesla - he didn't invent - that was an existing company he bought into.

Visionary? Absolutely. Inventor - I just don't see it. But that's not to put him down, it's just the wrong label.

Nook likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't like the guy. He just doesn't come across to me as genuine, I get the feeling he's not who / what he claims to be.

There's also the fact I don't agree with him on ..... anything.