1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes. He tried to acquire my company. Met him a few times.

tinman likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

And that makes him a Presidential candidate, why?

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Umm you asked me if I know something about him, I responded. Stop acting like an idiot.

4. Buck Turgidson

I was actually trying to have a conversation. My last question was an honest one, that I was interested in the response to...

I won't ever ask you a tough question like "why?" ever again, Fritz von Schneflocke ;)

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

told you if you read my post. both empty vessels of people.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Your question was not "tough", it was stupid.

Two different questions - do I know him? Yes.

But then you go "how does that make him a presidential candidate?" Obviously it doesn't, but I was just responding to your question, not claiming that that makes him a presidential candidate.

That's not a sincere attempt at having a conversation.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Pulling that off 2B at the highest levels without landing in jail or getting stuffed in an offshore container...much respect. Yall know his billionaire buddy donor pool also made bank during the run-up.

I suppose the next grifter high would be running and winning the highest office of the land.

Afterwards, maybe the world when venture capital aliens appear looking for cut-rate bargains?

Nook, astros123 and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are a lot billionaires whose grift eventually comes due.

9. Buck Turgidson

But Jim Cramer said it was good?

Vivek lied to me?

Are you saying I *shouldn't* have given my CC codes to the nice man from Nigeria?

Dr Oz's Magic Supplement of the Week really won't fix my cancer?

dmoneybangbang, ROCKSS and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

I think some of the shine has come off Viv, I`m 50+ and I am old enough to know what Russia is and what Putin has done and would do in the future. Anyone who thinks they would go put ANY demand on Putin and then Putin keep his word is naive AF, I am sure he thinks he is a great deal maker like his mentor, but he should stop saying things like that because it shows his lack of experience and his lack of history. Putin is a terrorist in an expensive suit, his only mission in life is strengthening Russia and putting the screws to the USA...................even trump didn't get that but fortunately there are some seasoned members of the gop who know what he is like so maybe he should be getting some guidance to those who have been there and done that. I am sure Viv has made some great deals in his life, but Putin is not a transactional person, he is one sided and that's his side.

12. adoo

adoo Member

in the words of former US Ambassador to the UN. "Vivek has no foreign policy experience, and it shows."​

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

A conman who got rich by buying a drug for alzheimers disease that had been failed by the FDA 4 times already, he repackaged it, took it to an IPO - and before it failed again, cashed in on 2bn in stock......

Dude is a crook of the lowest order.

DD

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Vivek and SBF are two peas in a pod. Both have high level talent in one specific trait: understanding the mindset of people with **** tons of money. Being charismatic to wealthy people is their strength.

I would say younger version of Elon Musk had this trait also.

None of these people are technically skilled at anything. But they know the vocabulary and mannerisms that convince wealthy people that they are geniuses

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think you are qualified or have the intellectual capability to assess whether Vivek Ramaswamy is technically skilled at anything.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Vivek Ramaswamy is not technically skilled at anything unless you think a basic bachelor's in biology makes you a subject matter expert and technically skilled.

Express something in his life that was achieved after graduating law school that is achieved from technical intelligence rather than social intelligence

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

18. adoo

adoo Member

while Elon and SBF are technical experts in selected computer fields, Vivek ran a hedge fund that profited off computer focused on prescription drug development. Vivek is more like the pharma bro, Martin Shkreli.

elon and SBF are technical experts, not Vivek

Rashmon likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Sad but fairly predictable.

There are always people who prey on the dumbest among us.

20. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Mic drop