1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videos] Clint Capela's four monster dunks in Toronto

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

I think he says "my man"

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Any way we can have Capela in the playoff roster?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Of course, he has been on our roster all year.

DD

4. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Come on duke, Dorsey has been playing very well lately. I hope he gets some opportunity to show what he's made of though. We definitely could use the size against a team like the Clippers.

5. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

that was some crisp passing by prigioni

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Hey, could you please explain how that's possible?

Some people are saying Capella, KJ, and Bev (obviously because of injury) will most likely not be part of the playoff roster because the limit is 12 people.

According to some research I did, I got "A team may have a maximum of 13 players on its active roster. At least eight players must suit up for every game."

So in that case, KJ or Papa and Bev will sit out, and Capela CAN be on the active playoff roster?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

its 12.

8. saleem

saleem Member

KJ, and Papa are unlikely candidates for the playoffs, Bev is out as you pointed out. If Capela remains healthy and continues to progress, I am sure he will be part of the 12 players who will comprise the playoff team.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

with jones, smith, howard, dmo, dorsey all healthy at the 4/5 positions, capella will likely not be on the roster. there's no room. if one of them were to miss the playoffs then capella may have a chance then but they'll need to have depth at the wing positions for the playoffs.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

When you are that athletic people will start moving out of the paint when you are coming. But i want to see him work on catching after the roll pivoting and doing a jump hook. he can survive in the NBA only running the pick n roll. Deandre Jordan is doing it. But He reminds me so much of RUDY GOBERT. They are both very lean but insanely athletic. OH yeah he's great on defense as a roamer in the paint. And he's rebounder than Dorsey. Has Dorsey shrunk or something?

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

fixed.:p

12. glynch

glynch Member

It does get down to Papa and Clint. Tough call. I think it depends on what Clint does in the remaining games.

Five guys with size: Dwight, Jones, Dmo Josh, Dorsey.

Three perimeter players with size: Trevor, Brewer, Harden

Three little guys: Terry, Prigioni, Johnson

Leaves one more spot for the twelfth man. One question is whether Papa is viewed as a perimeter guy who does much that Josh for instance can't do.

If healthy probably will go with Papa due to experience much as Capela is the vastly better prospect. It is unlikely either gets much time during the playoffs unless we have a blowout.

If Dwight is out for foul trouble or injury and we are being mauled on the boards with not enough shot blocking we could actually use Clint for shot blocking. for limited minutes. It would take more than one injury before Papa would be totally necessary.

13. PeppermintCandy

My bet is on Papa making the playoff roster if reasonably healthy. We need more depth on the perimeter, and Papa is able to provide that, plus slide over to the PF spot if needed.

14. micah1j

micah1j Member

is the roster situation for the playoffs a game by game decision or 1 decision before the playoffs?

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I think if your McHale... you put Capella in the 12.

Simple reason:
    It gives flexibility to contemplate making a quick change midgame if you see match-up issues. Let's just say Game 3 of the Playoffs (tied 1-1) your down by 6. You see Player A of the other team wiping the boards and the team isn't giving you anything on that end. Get some energy via Capella. By inserting Capella you make the players take notice.

We all saw how the bench reacted to Capella dunking... The guy can be a force on this team. An unforeseen blessing if properly used.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

if he some how was put on the playoff roster he wouldn't see any minutes unless it was an absolute blowout. and by absolute, probably up by 15+ with a minute remaining. everyone here should know how quickly houston can give up a significant lead.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did I miss something? I thought you could have 15 guys on the team. 12 could suit up any night on the "active" roster.

18. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I like Papa, but if Capella can continue proving himself over the next few games, I think we may need him as an option against all the big guys in the West.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

not for playoffs. roster is 12

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think expectations are inflated right now. It all depends on who he can guard. I think we need to give him till next year to heal and get stronger and work on his game some more.

Dorsey has not been all that bad. With D-Mo and T Jones we'll barely be using a backup C I think.