1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Royce White highlights vs. Maine Red Claws (2/12/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Video Highlights:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zFlEbaSTSWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Read more of my analysis at Crabdribbles.

2 people like this.
  2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Thanks for the update.

3. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Thanks crab.

Tbh I was pretty disappointed in the play of Jones, Smith & White. White is just fat and clearly out of shape. After playing about two regulation minutes he looked like he was out of breath and he was laggard at moving around the court and has appalling lateral movement.

Jones reminds me of Marcus Morris 2.0 except with better athleticism and minus a three point shot.

Greg Smith bullies a lot of D-Leaguers, I'm not sure if his post game will translate against NBA centres and quite frankly, he just doesn't look to have the acumen or length to be a good defensive anchor.

4. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

But yeah, I could see how an in shape and motivated Royce White would be unreal. The problem is he's a headcase and there's been a long history of talented headcases that never succeeded.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Geez I didn't realize White had so much talent. He could be scary good. No wonder Morey took a gamble on him.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Thanks, Crabdribbles! You're the man!

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Thanks for the vid

Had to play it on mute because the commentator was yelling at mundane plays

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

His passing is unreal.

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

His court-vision is absurd. Some players have it... most don't.

And he'll definitely make some sportscenter highlights with his overly fancy passing. (Could tone it down a bit.)

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

More than his passing...its kinda cool to see a big man maintain his dribble the way he does...he just is too weird...but i guess this is the first step

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

really dissapointing how out of shape he was

With people doubting you and already beind the eightball, would think he would want to overcompensate by staying in shape so he could be ready to go when the time came.

12. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

He looks a bit fat. He can handle the ball pretty well and has a nack for finding open guys, but seems he has a bit show off style of play. Not sure that's ever going to work in a Kevin McHale scheme.

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i like the way he initiates contact in the paint and grabs rebounds. he's probably our best rebounder besides Asik.

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Ironically White stated recently he figured a month or two ago they were one step away from coming to a resolution and he would be reporting to the Vipers so you would think he would be working out like crazy. The guy is just not motivated to be basketball player or was lying and thought he would never play a single game. Anyways, thanks for the upload! Despite all of this, he's such a talent that you would love to see him succeed and do some of that on the NBA level.

15. smr6

smr6 Member

He has always had a body type like that throughout college. He prefers to stay a little bulked up so that way he can bang down low against people and maintain a mismatch agaisnt both big guys with his handling ability and against smaller guys with his size.

The main concern was just his conditioning really, which makes sense because even people who come in looking in great shape can get gassed pretty quickly once they are actually out there in a game situation.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

I hate this guy, but man, he really does play like a star.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I don't hate the guy but hate the way he screwed around the rockets around for half a season albeit due to his mental problems.

I do agree with you that he has tremendous talent and I'm starting to regain a little optimism with respect to his possible contribution to the rockets

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not all that impressive TBH, some fancy passes, but looked slow, lacked explosion, and quickness.

Could be that he is just way out of shape, but that is how he looked in the preseason too, where he struggled against bigger/quicker players.

DD

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Looks like another stretch 4 to me. He's got great handles and vision, but really needs a jumpshot. I think he aired a couple of 3s. Luckily, he's got what you can't teach and doesn't have what can be taught.

20. itony

itony Member

A little annoyed at how he grabbed all the boards with one hand. I guess if you're open that's cool but he tried it in traffic and dropped it