1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VIdeo: Cops beat compliant suspect and plant drugs on him

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocket3forlife2, Aug 1, 2009.

1. rocket3forlife2

I remember growing up on the North East side of Houston as a kid and this being purported a few times by different guys who grew up in the neighborhood. I myself was stopped by the police in the 5th ward area about 9 years back and was forced to exit my vehicle, take off my shoes, and get on my hands and knees in the grass( very embarrassing), only to be let go after my seats and my glove compartment were ravaged. This happen to me right on Lockwood in front of tons of people who begun to crowd around to see who they thought would potentially go to jail. I’m not trying to simply paint this as something that happens to blacks only, but this is definitely going on in most urban communities across the U.S. Have anyone else on here ever been racial profiled or mistreated by the police?

Folks this is real!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eAhHd6M2Sjg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eAhHd6M2Sjg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. logicx

logicx Member

Racially profiled and mistreated? Yes, maybe. Me and my family were stopped on the way back from the Rio Grande Valley by State police who had no reason to stop us. My dad, who was driving, wasn't speeding, no lights were out, they had no "probable cause", they gave no reason, so we guessed it was because we had an old car and we were all Mexicans. Could be wrong, it could be they had a hit out on a car that looked similar to ours. What I do know is they searched the entire car which consisted of a lot of a luggage (we were visiting family for days). They went through everything, and I mean everything. They took a pack of tortillas and flipped through them one by one and sniffed them, as if they were laced with something. It was interesting to see. They left a huge mess.

In the end, they were extremely disrespectful to all of us, they made us stand outside in the freezing cold, they gave us no reason for stopping us, and of course, they couldn't find a thing. They also left our luggage and everything in disarray. My father contemplated arguing with them and asking for a search warrant or something but decided not to because he just wanted to get back home, which was hours away, and decided to let it go. He was royally pissed and trying not to get into a fight with armed officers. :D

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Back in high school, I was on a bus once for some cross-border trip. We got held up an hour because some guy in the bus, and I have no f****** idea why, had a passport from Sudan. Apparently, they had to check him against all kinds of blacklists. The guy's 16 or 17 and they're assuming off the bat that he's a terrorist. That part's not really the killer; it's pretty dumbs*** to carry around a passport from a Third World dictatorship I guess. No, the Customs agents had to go down the entire bus and ask us all if we were Arab. Straight up. They didn't bulls*** around it. And seeing as how our entire bus had a significant mix of Asians and southern Italians, this took a pretty long amount of time. The ironic thing is, we actually didn't have any Arabs except for Mr.Sudan, so we were only detained for a short while...I sympathize dearly with those who have to get the full treatment.

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Seriously, what is this the 100th thread on alleged police misbehavior in the past 2 months? This really doesn't add anything to the discussion, honestly. You're young, and you're a baller, and you hate the police. We get that.

5. logicx

logicx Member

What this pre/post 9/11? I'm guessing post. Sounds like good ol' fear...

6. Northside Storm

FIX'D

pot calling the kettle black when it comes to repetitive topics.

If memory serves, post, but pretty far post...like 2005ish?

7. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

And that couldn't possibly be an indication that law enforcement are acting out of line at an alarming rate, now could it?

Damn thug kids forcing good, honest cops to look bad! TJ, you're shtick is getting tired, and repetitive. Even for you.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Typical TJ. Guy with his hands in the air gets attacked by police dog and gets drugged planted on him, he obviously deserved it.

9. esteban

esteban Member

Why don't you cop bashers on this board go visit some other countries to see how their cops are behaving and get back with me afterward. I'm not saying there aren't any bad cops here in America, but to paint the entire law enforcement with a broad brush stroke is really unfair and juvenile!

10. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

1) Who said anything about any law enforcement/system other than America's? You are deflecting.

2) Watch the video.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Police abusing their power, take 100.

Not shocking, they should be held accountable.....

DD

12. Northside Storm

Well, if you want an international study, I can vouch that based on the entirely scientific work of, well, me...cops in Canada can suck too.

Many law enforcement officers do their job diligently. That said, stereotyping ironically works against both sides here. The reputation the force has garnered is not something it deserves, but neither is the reputation that comes with being black or Arab. I guess that's just the way the world works.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah for ignorant, stupid, bigotted people.

DD

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

This reminds me of this Dave Chappelle skit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkQKOBiHyNU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkQKOBiHyNU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. rocket3forlife2

Who painted the entire police department as bad guys? But sometimes a few bad apples on the tree can spoil a whole bunch. It's possible to have a good cop, with good intentions, act on bad things in the right situation that will push his button. That’s just reality!

Who cares how other countries officers treat their citizens anyway? So I’m supposed to be thankful that I’m just getting my ass chewed out by a few dogs and drugs planted on me because of the police brutality rate in China’s might be a little higher? HA!

16. Southern Select

It's too bad that the statist Democrats support the war on drugs.

17. Northside Storm

Who the hell cares which side is it?

Point is, it's gotta stop. The whole notion of a war on drugs is laughable. Hopefully, the people out there who want to rule other people's lives will give up so that there is a more reasonable policy when it comes to drug use and extreme cases like this end.

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Any guesses as to why an officer would look into his own dash cam, then obviously plant a bag of weed on the guy?

Generally, police (I used to be one) have quotas on certain types of busts. You need say, 20 drugs, 10 robberies, 5 homicides a month. If you don't get them your bosses tell you you're slackin and mark you down on your file as lazy. But the real impetus for such a statistical system is that their bosses themselves, big politicians, want to take credit for "cleaning up the streets." When something like this happens, the politicians just wipe their hands and say it was the work of a rogue cop. When the dirt doesn't get out, the politicians take the credit for the "security" and good PR. So the system is broken.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And what political party did these cops belong to?

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member