1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] A fight nearly breaks out at end of Rockets-Jazz game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

All Lucas did was attempt a steal in a bad spot. The "fight" didn't start until he got pushed. Not blaming Garcia, just saying.

I just find the venom being thrown at Lucas hilarious considering players and media have called Patrick dirty. I'm not saying Bev is dirty, it's just funny how almost no fan seems to agree with the consensus. What a coincidence.

A blowout isn't the same as playoff intensity, but there's no denying Beverley has made some suspect plays. He probably cost OKC a trip to the Finals last season and Westbrook has had multiple surgeries since. Biased fans can't take hearing things like that though.

2. txppratt

txppratt Member

total #j*zz play

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

The video couldn't end any other way than Drexler's chuckle

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Please. Let me know when Beverley attempts steals when his team is losing by 40 with the end of the game seconds away.

5. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Agree about bias fans part. If roles were opposite we'll glorify and justify the stealing of the ball by saying : " we have a never give up attitude" or some other bs.

6. SmoothOperator

I think Garcia should have fouled him harder. The Rockets were showing sportsmanship by just letting the clock run out.

There's no rule against stealing the ball in that situation. Just like there's no rule against a hard foul either. Give the foul and send him to the line. Notice how Lucas wasn't brave enough to take the ball to the rim and try to score.

7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yx6x_Pgr4-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Cool.... let's just say Beverley is completely innocent for the playoff incident.

What's your excuse this season when he attempted a steal 2 seconds after the whistle?

Show me when Lucas attempts a steals 2 seconds after play stoppage.

"Bev isn't dirty, he's just a pest"... eventhough media, players, and ex-players say otherwise
    "Lucas is bum"
    "a blowout is NOTHING like the playoffs"

The jury is out!!!!!
    Rockets can do no wrong and their opponents are the Anti-Christ.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

LOL, exactly.

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>John Lucas III said he stole the ball late because he plays &quot;until the end,&quot; but admitted he didn't like Rockets &quot;showing off&quot; with late 3s.</p>&mdash; Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) <a href="https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/statuses/445756003196219392">March 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>JLIII: &quot;I stole the ball and I dribbled it out...and (Garcia) came in and threw a cheap shot at my rib. I just pushed back and it escalated&quot;</p>&mdash; Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) <a href="https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/statuses/445756309049073664">March 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lucas: &quot;We're already getting beat real bad and they still want to be showing off and doing stuff like that, so I stole the ball.</p>&mdash; Aaron Falk (@tribjazz) <a href="https://twitter.com/tribjazz/statuses/445757569311571968">March 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>John Lucas III: &quot;I don’t back away from nobody.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) <a href="https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/statuses/445757714342236160">March 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After cooling off, John Lucas III admitted that stealing the ball as time is running out falls in the &quot;things that you don't do&quot; category.</p>&mdash; Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) <a href="https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/statuses/445758410160480256">March 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;I just feel like built up frustration, maybe for the whole year. It just triggered something and it triggered me to do what I had to do.&quot;</p>&mdash; Aaron Falk (@tribjazz) <a href="https://twitter.com/tribjazz/statuses/445758694253268992">March 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. That's what I thought too. I've never seen a ref trying to block a player while the game is still on.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

A scrub getting mad in a blowout. Hilarious

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

'so mad dey kept shootin 3s and beatin us real bad so i lost mi rocker n stole da ball even doe u don't stole da ball actually whoops lul'

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can understand Lucas's frustration. It's still a dumb move. But props to him to admit it wasn't a smart thing to do after he calmed down.

The "I don't back away from nobody" part was funny though.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Rockets are turning lots of guys into crybabies lately. I'm here for it.

16. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

You're attempt at the comparisons

Laughable.

On a side note, those 2 black dudes in the backgrounds were funny.
    And Cisco had every right to do that, you don't go attempt a steal when another team is trying to dribble it out in a blow out game..classless, and on the Utah feed, he actually yells out "you in my city" like he's proud of it, gtfo Lucas

17. Asian Sensation

Lucas the Leprechaun

[​IMG]

18. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Damn, my attempt at replying using the wrong your and you're

laughable. /fail

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

garcia didnt need to push him. whole team didnt need to do anything, let him get his 2 pts. 40pt blowout and the whole team chases him lol

1 person likes this.
  20. Kam

Kam Member

If roles were opposite, and a rocket did it, I'd be pissed with them too. Pissed cause they got their ass kicked by 40. I'd tell them to get off the court as fast as they could. Gonna embarrass my fandom like that?