1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[vid]Yao's Taipei charity tour game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's2kFinest, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Jennings dunk at the end was really nice.

2. ballclub

ballclub Member

I love how Yao leads the chants of the crowd to get Chase to dunk it. "Chase, Chase, Chase!" Yao getting on the microphone to do that has never happened. That was hilarious!

3. ballclub

ballclub Member

that taiwanese player had been trying to go after jennings earlier in the game, so he was returning the favor. That's what makes great players great -- they always compete when challenged, even in a charity game.

4. tksense

tksense Member

I think I read some of them were local celebrities tho. Look for the shortest guys on court that's probably it :cool:

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

:grin: yet Chase had trouble shaking those guys. We must be in our heads calling him the starting wing of the next decades. We need Melo.

6. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Good video, thanx for posting!

7. supdudes

supdudes Member

Eat the head Chase! :grin:

8. kops630

kops630 Rookie

Taiwaness are richer then most of the Chinese, Yao should help his compatriots at first.

9. ballclub

ballclub Member

He did. They played in Beijing a few days earlier. And the very point you raise -- the Taiwanese being "richer" than Chinese -- makes complete sense if your objective is to raise as much money as possible for a charity.

10. ballclub

ballclub Member

Where in the heck did you see Chase having problems "shaking those guys?" The dude was scoring at will. Jeez, trying to manufacture something out of nothing.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

At will when there are no hands and bodies in his way. He shot fadeaways and pullups when he was guarded. Check how Brandon Jennings went by at will and that tells you the level of the competition. I am not trying to be harsh on Bud, but just point out the obvious.

12. sew

sew Member

There was like 3-4 clips of Cbud? How do you know he wasn't blowing past these fools?

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I expect him to blow by Yao's peewee team every single time. Fadeway in a charity game, com'on. Well, maybe I am too harsh.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

I can see the headlines, "Budinger breaks leg in Taiwan at Yao's charity tour game". Yep, blow by Yao's team, embarrass the local players and break your leg along the way. I bet that would go over well with everyone.

Save the energy for real stuff, not exhibition friendly games. Haven't you seen the all-star game?

15. dlite316

dlite316 Member

they introduced brandon jennings playing for toronto raptors...lol

16. ballclub

ballclub Member

Very well said. Plus, CBud is a 3, not a 2 or a 1. Why should he try to make moves blowing by PGs or 2's where there's no way in hell he would be expected to make those plays in a real NBA game? I'd rather him shoot the fade aways like he will more likely do in a real game. I also hate it when critics say his Taiwanese competition were stiffs. It's probably better than what he faces when a 40-year old assistant coach gets out there in practice to provide some resistance. Are those practices worthless then? If so, why are they even doing them? The point is that there's always a critic trying to find stuff to rail on when they should save their energy for real topics.

17. Depressio

Depressio Member

[ESPN] Yao & friends in Taipei

Yao, AB and Chase were all in Taipei with a few other players for the Yao Ming foundation tour. Good stuff all around!

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/19851/yao-ming-and-friends-in-taipei

18. Prince

Prince Member

friends have pics?

19. Htown's2kFinest

for anyone that cares too see em. Here's a couple of dunks Budinger did at the game.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I0xDuideQ68?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I0xDuideQ68?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BqXRRkk3njw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BqXRRkk3njw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

20. lon_1023

lon_1023 Member

nobody talks about the sick no look - behind the back pass from Chase lead to a dunk?! (near at the end of the video..) Arron should learn more "creative" passes like this..He will be like CP3 if AB can pass in a more creative way..no offense to what he is now..
    anyway, Chase pass and dunk and performance is awesome in this game..i think bud surely has a potential to become the next Pippen!? or maybe the best 6th man in the team.