1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA TODAY] You Ming Done Playing for China?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CrazyDave, Oct 22, 2008.

1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/10/yao-ming-done-p.html

Didn't see another post on this yet... and the Chinese Gov't denies knowing anything about (or agreeing) but seems relevant and interesting, especially considering these parts...

"Chinese officials are denying reports from their nation's sports media that Yao Ming is done representing China in international competitions."

which implies it might not just be for Olympics... and this....

"It will be my third (Olympics)," Yao told the Chronicle. "I was a very young player and got my first taste of the Olympics in 2000 at Sydney. I played in Athens in 2004 and now this is my home country and the highest special honor in 2008. Enough, I think. Why would I need to play in London in 2012?"

I guess there was an article in the Chronicle, which I did not see... but since I didn't see another post about it, I thought it was relevant.

Lock it up if I missed this being discussed already, and please accept apologies... never have I seen something like this that hadn't already been discussed.

2. CrazyDave

duh... wrong forum. Knew something would go wrong. Flame away.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Is the article writer talking to Ming directly?!?!?!? What the... wha--? :confused:

FAIL:
    YOU Ming? :(

[​IMG]

4. CrazyDave

yeah yeah, saw that too, but thought the blunder, plus the double post was enough to keep me from drawing MORE attention to it with yet another post. That will teach me to hurry.

Thank you for playing though. I have now posted in the article here that ACTUALLY scooped the rumor, and pointed out the offenses myself... but again... flame away. :p

5. danny317

danny317 Member

who is this "You Ming" yao speak of?

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

You're soooo CrazyDave!

7. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I wish he would be done playing for China. Perhaps we should... ahh how you say... "wipe China off the map so Yao won't get injured 24/7". I think that's how you say it.