1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US accuses Israel of spying on Iran nuclear talks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Mar 24, 2015.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The US government at the direction of Barack Obama is now accusing Israel of spying on the Iran Nuclear talks, and then using the information it got to influence the US Congress.

Well, of course Israel was spying on the Iran Nuclear talks. Why would even Israel even bother to maintain a spy agency, if not to spy on events like the Iran Nuclear talks, which relate to matters that threaten their existence as a nation?
    Supporters of Israel, at least the ones with their brains activated, will quickly see this as more animosity by Obama and the Democrats towards Israel and its Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu.

How did we ever get such a petulant punk for a president? Seriously, these kinds of antics by Barack Obama are an embarrassment to us all.

2. g1184

g1184 Member

I'll never understand why people insist that the US kowtow to any foreign nation.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Israel has been caught spying on the US before. I'll never understand why Americans of one party would invite the leader of a foreign nation to come over and make attacks on the leader of the United States, and then get bothered when the U.S. suggests that a nation that is supposed to be an ally not spy on them.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Of course the spying was on the Iran nuclear talks, an issue of the highest importance to the nation of Israel, and not the US specifically, if that matters to you at all.

And, how did Obama come to discover that the Israelis were spying on these talks? From the CIA perhaps?

LOL. You really cannot make this stuff up.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The US spied on the leaders of France and Germany. I'm not going to get salty that Israel spied on negotiations that directly impact them.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the accusation here isn't just the spying, but that Israel is leaking this information to US legislators who are opposing Obama. Did they deny this?

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

How could they not? Why even have a spy network if you are not going to spy on something as important to your country as this is to the Israelis?

Of course you know that we would. And we routinely do. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars each year on this sort of thing.

8. Major

Major Member

And Germany's leaders got upset when they found out. I think both of the following are true:

1. Everyone spies on everyone.
    2. Everyone yells at everyone when they find out they are being spied upon.

No one should be surprised that Israel spied. And no one should be surprised that the US is bashing Israel over it.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The no 1 goal of republican party was to make obama a 1 term president.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agree with you. Just saying I'm not going to get upset. I can't work up a care that they did it and I can't work up a care that Obama is mad about it.

I mean your first two points are how I feel and then I'd add 3) Derp.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I read this morning that the spying is not what bother the US (normal operation if you will). It's the leak of the content obtained through spying that is not ok with the US.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Spies always deny their spying, as it is supposed to be a covert activity. It is generally agreed that spying is not a field in which transparency is striven after. LOL.

As far as leaking information to Congress, you can just imagine how that will be received on Capitol Hill. Why did the Congress have to get this information from the Israelis instead of the Obama administration?

This angle is not going to play well with members of Congress from either party, watch and see.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

To be more precise, the leak of confidential information.

14. Remii

Remii Member

What's embarrassing is Americans on their knees deep throating for Israel. It's about time a president finally stands up and wipes his mouth off.

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Congress is cleared to read confidential information. To bad they had to get it from the Israelis rather than the Obama administration.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It would be more becoming if this wasn't all part of a very public temper tantrum that Obama has been having since Netanyahu's speech.

While the issues that the Isrealis are concerned about here are of existential importance to them and of critical importance to the rest of the world, Barack Obama is pouting and having a fit, because he perceives that he was "dissed," and then Netanyahu won his election going away, despite Obama's active efforts to interfere in that process, which has caused Obama to become nearly unglued.

It is time for Barack Obama to grow up and get over himself. He is sensitive ego is not the priority here, his narcissistic impulses and the enabling tendencies of the enabling sycophants that he surrounds himself with notwithstanding.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Obama probably found out because we take measures to ensure we aren't spied on and to catch people that do spy. I'm not sure why you think that's a point of importance.

When the U.S. got busted for spying on it's allies the U.S. apologized and those leaders were upset about it as they should be.

The issue is important to Israel which is why Israel is lucky to have an ally like the U.S. powerful enough to enter into such high level and important talks. Perhaps they would show faith in that alliance in ways other than covertly spying on their ally.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Once again, Israel's spying was on the nuclear talks, not on us.

So, our spies spied on their spies, and in the process spied out their spying. As a result, Obama is in a lather about their spying, but is very grateful about our spying, which has enabled him to find out about and whine publicly about their spying.

And Israel did show faith to the US, by providing the information to the US Congress. To bad our president neglected to provide it to them first. You have to know that our Congress, including members on both sides of the aisle, are not going to be pleased with Obama about this self-serving and vindictive disclosure by him.

The problem here is not Israel's failure to show faith to us, but a failure of Barack Obama and many on the Democrat side to show faith to Israel.

19. Remii

Remii Member

And why do you feel that way. I didn't see you starting any threads when Israel did it. Israel has had this country on it's knees for so long some of you have gotten use to being down there.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Why they need to spy when Obama's top advisors are [Israelis] !