1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UPS Mail Innovations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Zboy, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

My shipment started off at UPS Mail Innovations origin in New Jersey.

It has now been received by UPS Mail Innovations in Ohio.

From there it will be rerouted to New York, where I live.

What kind of ****ty innovation is this?!

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Signed, Flying from Houston to Chicago, through Atlanta.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

INB someone is confused and starts bashing the USPS

Rocket River

4. updawg

updawg Member

amazon ships stuff half UPS/USPS. It comes to the main austin post office via UPS pretty quick. Then they send it to the OK City USPS sorting office. Then back to the USPS main post office, then to our house in Austin.

It makes no sense. Other than I think they want you to upgrade your shipping

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

twice this month UPS has misdelivered a package, both from Amazon and were christmas presents. the first package i never did find but i have my suspicions.

the 2nd time it happened i noticed the UPS truck in front of my next door neighbor's house. i thought, "sweet" he's coming here next. nope. just drove right on by. about an hour later, i checked the tracking and sure enough it said it was delivered to the front door to an adult female an hour earlier. i knocked on my neighbor's door and of course, she had the package. it was opened by her daughter.

the first package was a scooter, the second was some kind of toy car contraption. i'm willing to bet the neighbor got the scooter and just never told me. the good thing is amazon is great at replacing stuff so i got another one in a few days.

sorry, i know it has nothing to do with your thread...just ranting.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I had a couple of books "misdelivered" from Buy.com by UPS, too. I got a status of "delivered" and "front door" on my order but nothing was delivered. I'm guessing it was on a neighbor's doorstep or was never really delivered. I called Buy.com's support and some guy named "Jeff", who suspiciously had an Indian accent (not that there's anything wrong with that), helped me out. They sent out replacement books to be delivered 2 days later. Next day, I hear the UPS truck and my first 2 books get delivered.... :mad: They apparently corrected their mistake. So I email buy.com back and tell them not to ship the replacement books. Too late. Their great service bit me in the butt. Today those 2 books are here. Now I have to figure out how to get them back to them so I don't get charged for those, too, or something. :mad:

7. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

US Postal Service has a class called media mail for books, cds, etc. All items go through regional processsing centers. if i sent my next door neighbor in Portland a package via media mail, it would be routed through Seattle and back to Portland.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

so?

I had FEDEX ship a package the started in Los Angeles out to Memphis only to return back to Los Angeles to be delivered to me

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've had a package start out in a suburb of Dallas... go out to the DFW hub... come back to that suburb... get picked up and delivered to me in another suburb of Dallas. I was like "ya'll coulda just called - I could've come picked it up". I've watched packages bypass Texas, go through to Memphis or Kentucky and then come back to Texas.

Must be them thar algo rithmz they use to save fuel.

10. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Per package it seems silly. But these companies (like Amazon) work on contracts with FedEx/UPS/USPS.

So while it's not efficient (for every package), it's "cheaper" to send them bulk to a main center and then re-distribute.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember back in the day when I used to load delivery trucks for RPS (Roadway). I don't ever want to do manual labor again. Talk about a sweatshop - it's a wonder why we didn't take it out on the packages.