1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[update] McGrady listed as "day to day"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Nov 15, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

what injuries in hockey? a bloody lip? a sore mouth from a punch? a bloody eye? a sprained ankle.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Member
    Supporting Member

Watch the replay, it wsan't bent back very far and there wasn't much pressure on the elbow.

3. tulexan

tulexan Member

Because you can tell how much pressure was put on his elbow by a replay? I think what you meant to say is that it appeared that there wasn't much pressure on the elbow.

4. drich

drich Member

this is how i feel

yao's elbow is sprained also right now man up mcgrady i love you man love the season you are having but man up

5. dookiester

dookiester Member

you're an idiot, and so is anyone else telling mac to play through it. allow me to explain: tmac was in obvious pain last night and couldn't even lift his arm, much less play basketball with it. yao doesnt appear to have the same problem. and it isn't yao's shooting arm thats sprained. only an idiot would want tmac to play basketball with an immobilized shooting arm.

this is how i feel.

6. drich

drich Member

first lets clear up one thing keep the name calling to yourself. now that that's out the way i love everything about tmac but one thing i do have a problem with is that the fact that he is so fragile. It is not just him the majority of our atheletes can not play through injuries or should i say will not.
    how many basketball players played through injuries back in larry bird and magic era. it wasn't that hard of an hit. I have been hit harder in some games that i play now

7. Akhorahil

Akhorahil Member

All these people saying "man up"... He couldn't return because he wasn't there. He was at the hospital. He missed half a game so far. Correct?
    How do you know he won't "man up"?!?!?!?!

He did shoot those free throws left handed, in obvious pain. What do you think he was faking it? Get real... It's early in the season, not the playoffs. Now is NOT the time to play thru pain. Ask Amare Stoudemire.

If anyone needs to "Man up" it's the fans that are whining.

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

u do know that not all hard hits can hurt less than a minor hit right? as long as it hits your nerve, you're done.

tmac said he didn't have any feelings in his fingers my god.

and if u wanna talk about hits, did u see the hit that buffalo bill player receive that nearly paralyzed him? if u saw that hit on TV, that is NOTHING compared to most hits football players get but for some reason it hit something that cause him to be near paralysis.

a hard foul won't hurt as much as a minor hit to the nerve. u do know tmac got body slammed by kenyon martin once as an orlando magic and got up just fine.

but jumping down awkwardly on his feet that causes a back spasm => more painful than getting punched 10x to the face.

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Dude-think for a second. I injured his right arm. He is right-handed. He now needs a cast, that means he's not allowed to move it, so it wouldn't have been smart to keep using that arm.
    And apparently you have never had a sports injury before otherwise you would know that even a simple tweak to your ankle can sideline you from any physical activities for a week. In this case, its NERVE DAMAGE to his right arm-again, the arm he uses to shoot with-so playing with it anymore will only make it worse. God bless you haters.

10. Akhorahil

Akhorahil Member

"When I got to the hospital, I started getting feeling back in my hands," McGrady said. "It was very painful."

11. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

whoops. Correction.

12. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Member

That's a good idea. Let's have T-Mac play with a nerve damaged/ligament damaged elbow during a regular season game so that people in this forum won't call him a wuss.

Seriously though, even though it sucks that he's hurt during this part of our schedule, it'll be good for the other guys on the team.

This is just the regular season guys! Remember what going full-throttle and winning 60-some games last season did for the Mavericks last year.

And then remember what San Antonio does every year.

13. drich

drich Member

he is listed day to day not as serious as you all are making it they are saying it is possible that he may play in san antonio nerves in your elbow. have you hit your funny bone before

14. tituspan

tituspan Member

OK, so you guys have a problem with Tmac being fragile, then why do you still want him to play through it to risk further injuries? It's early in the season, we can still catch up the few games he missed. Of course, it would be different if we are in a playoff situation, I am sure he will play through it.

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

it's not serious. nobody says it is. but you're making it seem like it's something that's nothing b/c it "looked nothing." a torn ligament could have been done from that simple hit and he coudl be out for months. that's why he went to get a MRI b/c the docs at that time feared a possible torn ligament.

so don't assume anything by the way it looks is all i'm saying.

16. drich

drich Member

i am not going by how it looks i am going by what was found out i wasn't saying come back in the game last night damn i am talking about tomorrow more than anything

17. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

To the idiot's eyes, all sprained elbow are the same.

18. drich

drich Member

elbow sprained, no damage to ligaments or nerves so once again do not call me out my name on here. everyone say how hard yao works so yao has something you can't teach and that is heart. the question is are you injured or hurt there is a difference. that is all i am saying

19. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Nerds questioning a professional athlete's toughness... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

exactly. But these TOH nerds are too stubborn to see the foolishness of their argument