1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[update]Elon and Friends moving to Texas, Samsung $17 billion plant in Taylor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Dec 4, 2020.

?

Texas

1. Greatest place for smart people in America

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No he should stay in California cause they need his tax money

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Clutch, Elon, daDakota - place for entrepreneurs to thrive

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have the technology but California wanted Elon’s money to pay for all the new fresh needles for the heroine addicts they refuse to put in rehab

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Nobody truly understands Elon. If you think you are one step behind, you're probably closer to 10.

Expect Musk to consolidate his businesses under x.com. it will be the world's most valuable company by far. Instead of giving dividends in cash, you will be given X bucks, the currency of Mars. X.com generates the steady flow of x bucks only to x.com stock holders.

Hakeemtheking and tinman like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Most of Elon's value is built on hype. Tesla is valued more than manufacturers who produce and sell far more vehicles. Elon bubble going to burst some time in the near future.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that would be a pretty good bet I think

5. tinman

Supporting Member

It’s not the cars it’s the technology
    The battery and self driving technology is light years ahead of the competition

don’t expect the D&D and their art history dropouts to understand anything about finance and the stock market

let them have their AOC vs Trump water ballon fights

don’t forget you have people who never set foot in Houston or Texas tell Texans about it

You can’t let a person who doesn’t know mattress mack tell you a thing about Houston
    They are disqualified

Stevie wonder knows more about Houston than them

6. fchowd0311

Tesla's battery tech and drivetrain tech is nothing special compared to what other manufacturers have. Tesla's advantage currently is their infrastructure for supercharging stations.

Other manufacturers have the ability to produce just as efficient motors with similar ranges. The difference is those manufacturers are far more experienced in manufacturing the chassis along with having far superior fit and finish.

That's why I don't see much hope for Tesla in the future. There is no incentive to own a Tesla once companies like Toyota and Ford are mass producing 30 grand msrp full EVs. Their EVs will have similar range but the overall driving experience will be much better with much better fit and finish..

Elon's dreams of being the real world Tony Stark isn't going to happen because of Tesla.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum

don’t take stock advice from people who tell you a stock that has gone up 700% in one year is just like every other company

Their portfolio of subway restaurants and birkenstock shoes won’t give you a better return on investment

8. fchowd0311

Dude, Tesla's stock evaluation is almost all hot air.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I rather invest in Tesla stock then the cheap weed the non 99ers here are smoking when they pretend to anything about technology
    @basso

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

That is what people misunderstand. Its closer to a software company that sells cars. Look at Microsoft value.
    Then the car has the best surveillance system out there...constantly collecting data. This data is more useful to the company instead of selling it to the lowest bidders like advertisers and the government.
    And then there is the data network. Tesla phones anyone?

This isn't pie in the sky dreaming. Tesla is going to pull into a lot of different markets.

Hakeemtheking and tinman like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I understand the need for the D&D to hate on it

this is the second section of the third section of a basketball forum of a basketball team

nobody here is changing the political world or making peace In the Middle East or saving pangolins from extinction

but some of us have nicer E*TRADE accounts based on solid financial advisers not people who think Ben Simmons will learn how to make a three pointer

12. tinman

Supporting Member

You mean like how Amazon
    Who people were saying weren’t selling enough books to be worth a few bucks won’t make any money ?

99ers > all

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I think the people here who are not us
    Are using netscape browsers and blackberry phones.
    They certainly don’t have OLEDs @Ziggy
    I’m absolutely sure about that

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I watch Clutch City VHS on OLED.

saitou and tinman like this.
  16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i used to be a skeptic, and if they had to grow organically they wouldn't be where they are today; but they've been able to do so many stock offerings now without the price going down, they've converted that hype into real $ to put into r&d/factories. i was trying to count, i think the total cash flow they received from stock offerings alone in 2020 was around 75% of toyota's annual r&d budget. That's a huge advantage over their competitors that had to actually generate cash from each car sold. At some point it becomes self-fulfilling, they are leading in the technology, and i've started to add shares on down days. I see the same thing happening with NNDM.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

let him believe what he wants to believe.

you can't convince Kyrie the earth is round.

saitou likes this.
  18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Sounds like Apple to me. Look how Steve jobs were able to build an empire on hype

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Well the drive tech and battery is nothing special compared to the competition because he gave free usage to his patents To those competitors which I think it is a brilliant move

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why was NNDM priced so high years ago, before falling? Bubble? My positions on NNDM keep growing but I just like the name, Cathie Woods, and the reasons that cause it to dip lately. Most important though is the name.