1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update:Comedy > Politics: Dave Chappelle: unfunny SNL writers jealousy the king is hosting again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Oct 6, 2021.

?

Who's telling the people the truth?

1. Comedians

24 vote(s)
    96.0%
  2. Politicians

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

One of my Mexican friends said white people or the media using LatinX is just "white people colonizing my language." He and his entire family HATE it.

On the Chapelle thing...I think the trans folks hate it because it makes them look terrible (their own community drove one of them to suicide) and also a bunch probably didn't even bother to watch it.

tinman likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly
    Chappelle made a big Jewish joke on that special
    I don’t see Israel boycotting him or sending out f-16s over Ohio

3. tinman

Supporting Member

I really want the people who like use the term LatinX to have a one on one discussion with cartel members
    I would watch that squid game

4. tinman

Supporting Member

These fake people made up LatinX
    While smart people like Elon makes SpaceX

JumpMan likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

neo liberals are worse than open racists.

Canceling a black man and his film about floyd....by a vocal group of people some who spent the majority of their life as white males. Its a southpark episode

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

With all due respect, I’m getting real sick and tired of the blanket generalities here on this anti cancel culture tirade. Who are you even referring to in this general “Neo liberal” group and what specific actions are offending you worse than the white supremacist movement in the US which is metastasized over the years in movements like the KKK, Nazi party, and most recently MAGA.

With MAGA you can have a clear view of the leadership, their ideology, and the dangerous actions taken like the January 6 riot with the inside attempt to overturn an election.

So with this “Neo Liberal” movement to “cancel” Dave Chappelle, give me the comparable specifics. Who is the leadership, what is the ideology, and what real actions have been taken that are as destructive to society.

I just think that even smart people I respect who generally have objective views can get sucked into this narratives by people like Bill Maher to Joe Rogan to Barry Weiss, etc. who are playing this game with their audience for some reason. The fact is, someone like Bill Maher is upset not because he said “Porch N-er” but because HBO made him apologize and made him sit there and get chastised by Ice Cube because of it.

But in the end this made up “cancel culture”…it really sucks at it’s job because Bill Maher is still on the air. Barry Weiss gets more interviews now than she ever did working at the NYT, and Dave Chappelle still could get another 20 comedy specials out of Netflix if he wanted.

People having an opinion and being disappointed with a comedian they admire but him/her still being allowed to perform to whoever wants to watch them… is NOT on par with a white supremacist movement that takes action to overthrow our government. I think people need to be a little more constructive with their takes on so-called “Cancel Culture” please.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

They attacking Kenny

8. VanityHalfBlack

*** dababy by the way. He's a murderer.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Comedians > Politicians

10. tinman

Supporting Member

that's the joke Chappelle made,
    nobody cares or has fake outrage that he killed someone

but telling the crowd during a hype sessions 'if you ain't sucking d-- in the parking lot, put your hands in the air ..
    that will get you canceled for the next 2 festivals that NONE OF THE OUTRAGED people would go to

That's like Utah Jazz fans complaining about Jalen Green's hair so that Jalen Green gets suspended for a few games for having long hair.

Those Utah Jazz fans aren't going to the Rockets game (unless they play utah)

11. dobro1229

Triphop > Dubstep

Your point???

Squirtle likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So shrodingers trans folks.

They aren't against Dave's comedy of trans folks but are ashamed in lambasting a trans person for not being upset about Dave's jokes.

Also is there any actual evidence she committed suicide because of the backlash from other trans folks?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Chappelle > Bernie Sanders

14. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

All about nailin' Palin.

15. dobro1229

So what??? Maybe you just think you are funny or something but I fail to see the point of the vast majority of your posts other than being a 99'er means you are better than everyone else or something. Yes, I would rather watch Chappelle then listen to a Bernie speech. Why is this some sort of point you think I'm going to have a reaction towards or triggered by?? I fail to see your point.

16. dobro1229

17. dobro1229

@tinman

Cereal with milk > dry cereal

18. dobro1229

19. dobro1229

@tinman

Salt water fishing > Fresh water fishing