1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update:Comedy > Politics: Dave Chappelle: unfunny SNL writers jealousy the king is hosting again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Oct 6, 2021.

?

Who's telling the people the truth?

1. Comedians

24 vote(s)
    96.0%
  2. Politicians

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve never heard of the bottom person.

Chappelle is the GOAT of standup comedy
    I saw a show of his like three years ago and it sold out in like 5 minutes
    Luckily I’m a 99er and had connections

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Squirtle and i3artow i3aller like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like any site that allows user/audience scores, they can easily be brigaded and spammed.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Chappelle rules

6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Thanks for posting this.

7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Her scores were awful before Chappelle even made people aware of her. It was pretty dumb of him to give her so much shine if he has an issue with the lady lol

8. tinman

Supporting Member

People who never saw the Chappelle special shouldn’t just piggy back on some social justice fake outage media Twitter accounts for their thoughts and ideas

jokes are jokes
    And comedy should make a stand against this dumb culture because comedy is the ultimate free speech art form

so yeah If you think the Kaitlyn Jenner jokes and DaBaby jokes is causing the fall of society

it is you who is causing the fall of society

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Dropping the ‘unfunny’ label on a comedian is like giving a 1 star on Yelp on a restaurant

She he or whatever shouldn’t haven’t messed with the king

10. fchowd0311

This is what we get to distract us from corporations owning and selling our nation and ushering in fascist rule. Make sure everyone knows that Dave Chappelle made jokes some people didn’t like instead of reporting on the decay of democracy and maybe how to fight it. And unfortunately progressive media is also owned by these corporations so they comply.

Nook and nacho bidness like this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. tinman

Supporting Member

This sounds like a South Park episode

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Also it’s not unheard of with dumb but funny movies to have this lopsided ratings. Adam Sandler movies get this all the time. I think Hot Tub Time Machine had the same issue.

The takeaway is “professional” reviewers are serious about art and most regular viewers just want to laugh or cry or see spectacle to take their minds off their lives for two hours.

Chappelles poor professional reviews for a comedy film where the marquee joke is about floppy penis’ doubling as vaginas doesn’t surprise me to not be getting great rotten tomatoes scores and also doesn’t surprise me that an American audience that follows Joe Rogan like he’s the long lost brother of Jesus think those jokes are hilarious.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Watched the latest special and I don’t even get what offended the netflix employees so much.

apollo33, Nook and tinman like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah they started playing the crying game

16. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Now you are getting at what is going on. Your average lgbt person probably has no problem with Dave. There wasn't anything more offensive about his set than any other he's done. They're manufacturing the divisiveness.

No one uses latinx, your average latino doesn't like it yet I keep seeing that toxic **** in news headlines.

Weird

JumpMan, AkeemTheDreem86 and tinman like this.
  17. fchowd0311

I think the outrage that is manufactured actually comes from conservative/right wing politicians. It's not that there are some people who sincerely disagree. It's more the fact that the right labels any form of disagreement in the realm of cultural topics as "cancel culture" and prioritize this issue as more important than actual economic issues.

Look at leftist politicians and media vs conservative/right wing politicians and media and see who concentrates on culture wars bs more relative to nuanced economic policy discussion.

18. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

In this instance I think it's two sides of the same coin. Corporations are scared of a real left so I think they're purposefully pushing this goofy **** to fracture the base. Stop playing the game and focus on the real problems. Healthcare, widening income disparity, crumbling infrastructure etc. There's no real movement to murder the gays. It's all made up.

AkeemTheDreem86 and tinman like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes it’s the fake outrage people who are creating this mess and people are falling for it

DaBaby rap concert - none of the outraged attended the concert or like rap music. All rap concerts have dirty and crude jokes

Chappelle - none of these people saw the special
    Or like comedy

LatinX - made up by white trans people who didn’t understand that Spanish language has genders for words which is not the same as having dicks

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Yup
    Nobody is going to slap Ellen/Elliot Page or try to attack Bruce Jenner because of a Dave Chappelle special