1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update:Comedy > Politics: Dave Chappelle: unfunny SNL writers jealousy the king is hosting again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Oct 6, 2021.

?

Who's telling the people the truth?

1. Comedians

24 vote(s)
    96.0%
  2. Politicians

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#1 tinman, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Closer?

Rocket River

Nook and tinman like this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

DaBaby made a ‘joke’ about dudes doing dudes in the parking lot at his show in Miami
    Then all the crazy people canceled him and Madonna said stuff the he got left out of Lallapaloza and other shows because he made a joke

what these looney cancel culture people didn’t know is that DaBaby actually killed somebody and that meant nothing compared to making a crass joke at a rap concert

Now Dave made a joke about the joke
    But the message is clear

comedy is under attack

Rocket River and coachbadlee like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Are you really that dense?

FrontRunner, VooDooPope and Andre0087 like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

@Commodore

I'm really that aware of everything
    because 99ers are cultured

1.DaBaby got canceled because of this Art History Dropout society of fake Angry people who have no jobs

2.DaBaby shooting

It's obvious that the Art History Dropouts DO NOT KNOW A THING ABOUT RAP and RAPPERS.
    So it's no surprised they didn't know DaBaby killed someone.

3. Chappelle drops TRUTH BOMB on everyone saying that DaBaby NEVER GOT HEAT for killing someone but got CANCELLED by FAKE ACTIVISTS like MADDONA.

I'm not dense, I'm just the BLADE RUNNER coming for the ENTIRE D&D.

[​IMG]

#5 tinman, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    coachbadlee likes this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Where's the cult thread when you need it? Anyways, I watched the new Chappelle comedy special on Netflix and do recommend.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Closer
    It was definitely funny

Rocket River

8. tinman

Supporting Member

The only cult @Deckard knows
    Sells sanctuary

Roc Paint likes this.
  9. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I really liked the special. The Mike Pence bit and some others were hilarious. DaBaby was probably the worst point he made tho. Fell flat to me at least.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That would have been a good listen if it was a podcast, but as a standup it was bum.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You should actually read that column, tinman, even if it's from the New York Post, which loves sensationalism. The quote below is on target. Trans people suffer from bigotry and violence everyday. The irony of Chappelle defending the bigoted opinions of J.K. Rowling, when as a Black man, he knows all too well the consequences of bigotry, hasn't been lost on those of the LGBTQ+ community. I admire the novels Rowling has written, just as I admire the science fiction of Orson Scott Card, author of Ender's Game, yet ardently disagree with his politics, but Rowling's opinion about the Trans community amounts to excrement.

In “The Closer,” Chappelle declares that he’s joining Rowling in “Team TERF!” (the acronym for trans-exclusionary radical feminist), and conflated rapper DaBaby’s homophobic statements at a show over the summer with systemic racism.

“In our country, you can shoot and kill a [N-word] — but you better not hurt a gay person’s feelings,” Chappelle says onstage, referencing a 2018 shooting incident involving the rapper at a Walmart in North Carolina. The 19-year-old victim later died.

The brewing backlash is ample — but perhaps most shocking is the reaction from one of Netflix’s own: Jaclyn Moore, executive producer and showrunner of the streaming giant’s “Dear White People.”

Moore bluntly declared her self “done” with Netflix.

“I love so many of the people I’ve worked with at Netflix,” she shared on Twitter after detailing her own transition in a passionate post. “Brilliant people and executives who have been collaborative and fought for important art,” Moore continued. “[But] I will not work with them as long as they continue to put out and profit from blatantly and dangerously transphobic content.”

‘Chappelle’s brand has become synonymous with ridiculing trans people and other marginalized communities.’

GLAAD, in a statement about ‘The Closer’
    Meanwhile, the National Black Justice Coalition, a civil rights advocacy group focused on the LGBTQ+ community, goes so far as to prod Netflix to pull “The Closer” from its menu.

“With 2021 on track to be the deadliest year on record for transgender people in the United States — the majority of whom are Black transgender people — Netflix should know better,” NBJC executive director David Johns said in a statement to Deadline. “Perpetuating transphobia perpetuates violence. Netflix should immediately pull ‘The Closer’ from its platform and directly apologize to the transgender community.”

LGBTQ+ advocacy leaders at GLAAD also called out the acclaimed comic’s pattern of degrading jokes, declaring: “Chappelle’s brand has become synonymous with ridiculing trans people and other marginalized communities.”

https://nypost.com/2021/10/07/critics-blast-dave-chappelle-netflix-for-ridiculing-trans-people/

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

To say it's "Chappell vs Politicians" is kind of a way of diminishing the legit criticism of Chappelle... who is like my favorite comedian ever.

Chappelle is going out of his way on this new stand up to create controversy too, and get some sort of "glad he had the balls to say it" response. I watched it last night, and I think he missed the mark. Bill Burr is someone that walks that line too, but often can hit it.

I think the attempt that Chappelle is going for is to try and get gay people to laugh at themselves in the way that he's attempted to do with black people as well. However what he doesn't remember well though is that the reason he canceled his own show basically (ahem... cancel culture) is because he admitted that he looked at the crowd of almost all white people laughing at jokes about black people, and realized that he is doing exactly THE OPPOSITE of what he was intending, and he was basically ashamed of what he was doing.

With his "lets all laugh at Trans & Gays" shtick he's not looking out into the crowd and seeing a bunch of gays laughing at themselves. Instead he needs to look harder and see that the dudes out there laughing are more than likely to be Joe Rogan loving Limp Biscuit listening tough guy douches.

Let's just never forget that Dave Chappelle is the original Cancel Culture critic of Dave Chappelle. Over time, I think the Dave Chappelle that finally looked out at that crowd of white people laughing about black people will look back at this Dave Chappelle and say damn maybe he just needs to saying "I don't get it with Trans people!!" and maybe get to know someone in the community and learn like an intelligence sympathetic human being.

#13 dobro1229, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    VooDooPope and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The pull the CLOSER and I am done with Netflix

"I set up a college for for Daphne's kid . . . . .. I don't know what the Trans community did for the kid . . ." - Dave Chappelle

Rocket River
    back into them illegal download streets :D

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Comedians tell jokes
    Of course the D&D doesn’t understand jokes

Deji McGever and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Nah there's no room for nuance on trans activism. JK Rowling isn't a bigot. The problem is their leaders are terrorizing the world with some of their nonsensical demands.

Nook, tinman and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My gripe as a fan as that it wasn’t really jokes, it’s was more like a political monologue on one single topic for an hour, jokes were sprinkled in few and very far in between, with it mostly being comically carried simply by his mannerisms that we love.

The actual topic, I don’t really have strong feelings on it either way, was just a fan trying to watch a funny standup. That wasn’t standup, that was podcast material, a political dissertation.

Deckard likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

I thought politics by D&D dog house standard meant who was president
    Not about the greatest comedian of all time tell jokes
    @Os Trigonum

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya it's a competition between them and Xi Jinpingo_O