1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

How do we know that? Sincerely? That's a lot of work for "mock-ups"

Blatz likes this.
  2. Blatz

Blatz Member

That is what I liked about it.

3. Blatz

Blatz Member

If those are real would the helmets stay as they are now?

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

If those are real, I would have to imagine we're going with white helmets.

If they're not real - but they accurately reflect the blue and red colors being darker, then, again, I think we're going to white helmets.

5. bobbyh10

bobbyh10 Member

They're not real. The Texans said there are going to be 4 unique uniforms.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Jerseys are meh, but they should abso****inglutely bust out those helmets once a year

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

I mean... those are four unique jerseys?... Or do we think we're getting four jerseys, each with their own unique designs? Outside of throwbacks, does any team feature that? I'm not sure the NFL would even allow it?

8. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I think that's what we're getting based on this quote:

“We said, ‘OK, if you want timeless traditional, here’s the one uniform that answers that,’” he said. “If you want to take it one step further and say timeless traditional gets refreshed, we have one for that. If you said, ‘Hey, I’m into this bull thing, let’s get wild,’ we have one for that. And if someone said, ‘Hey, I want you to pay homage to H-Town Blue,’ and if the players are saying, ‘I want something tough, I want something mean,’ we’ve got something for that.”

This guy certainly thinks so:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/127623-texans-2024-uniform-concepts-based-on-info-so-far/

Hopefully, everybody gets something they're happy with.

Shark44 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

That is definitely my favorite of the ones posted so far. It's clean, unique and classy. It gives that NASA vibe to me, which I find fits Houston well. I'd love to see those emblems and the flag on some colored jerseys too. I'd rather it say Houston than H-Town though.

I especially don't like the gothic typeface looking H-Town that reminds me of something you'd see spray painted on an old abandoned warehouse.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

I cannot think of a single team in the NFL that has two - let alone four! - individually unique uniforms. I'm not arguing it won't happen - but that seems so antithetical to the buttoned-up, stuffy NFL

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Look at each jersey. Notice how every wrinkle and shadow is 100% the same for each? That tells you this a photoshop/reskin project.

Also, yes, as has been said/covered dozens of times already, the Texans have confirmed each of the 4 jerseys will be a separate design. Not a recolor home/away etc.

Blatz and desihooper like this.
  12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Ah. Ok, good - because those were pretty meh.

This is one of those I'll believe it when I see it things... I don't know *any* teams that incorporate individually unique designs (other than throwbacks). Traditionally, that is not how the NFL has rolled. If true, this is, from a uniform perspective, a radical shift for the league, which very much strangles the life out of any hint of creativity.

13. Two Sandwiches

I could get behind it. It just ronds me of the Jags. The space horizon thing is pretty cool though.

14. Buck Turgidson

Wrinkles and shadows and shades of blue!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Apollos would have been so much better as a name/brand. What were they thinking

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I want to preface this by saying I wholeheartedly agree and wish we had gone the Apollos route. I love the space city theme and it would have been amazing for marketing.

that being said, my sister is in marketing and whenever I have brought this up before, she asked me to list all the other team names:

only the:
    49ers (niners)
    Patriots (pats)
    Buccaneers (buccs)

Have 3-syllable names and the all have easy shortenings to 2 or 1 syllable. The commanders have been added to that list but no one likes it.

I don’t think about this, but ppl in marketing do, Apollos doesn’t really have an easy shortened version.

I am not saying this is the reason why they didn’t go with it, but just another thought process from someone who doesn’t really follow football or Houston sports and just looked at it from a straight marketing aspect. Although, she did say the “space” theme would have been a strong marketing ploy for sure.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

That's interesting and something I never thought about before, but I already can think of a name for the Apollos and that's the "Aps" or even the "As" although could be confused with the As of baseball in certain contexts. They messed up with this super regional name and I don't know if there's a way around it besides a rebrand or multiple super bowl wins in a short time.

18. Marshall Bryant

They really do have a short version. Aps, Just like the Smart Phone monstrosities. Thank God we aren't stuck with Houston Aps.

houstonstime likes this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

The Commanders rebrand has been a disaster from my experience here in the DMV. Nearly everyone feels "Washington Football Team" was better.

[​IMG]

mtbrays likes this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

One thing Ive learned.....YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO PLEASE EVERYBODY

Colt45 and red5rocket like this.