1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to speak, Casey Kasem missing / taken away by wife

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, May 12, 2014.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

This is a truly messed up situation. His kids have been appointed as his caretaker, so his wife moves him where they cannot find him. He cannot speak due to advanced Parkinsons and has been in and out of different treatment facilities. The court has ordered Adult protective services to help locate him.

http://www.wtae.com/news/legendary-dj-casey-kasem-missing/25939152

LOS ANGELES, CA —A judge on Monday ordered an investigation into the whereabouts of Casey Kasem after an attorney for the ailing radio personality's wife said the former "Top 40" host had been removed from the country.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy ordered a court investigator and adult protective services to find out where Kasem is being treated and report back to the court. Kasem, 82, suffers from advanced Parkinson's disease, can no longer speak and has been in various medical facilities chosen by his wife, Jean Kasem.

Casey Kasem's children have complained that they have been unable to see their father in accordance with an agreement with their stepmother. Daughter Kerri Kasem had sought a temporary conservatorship and was appointed her father's temporary caretaker on Monday. Her attorney, Troy Martin, said the family believes the entertainer has been taken to an Indian reservation in Washington state.

Murphy's order came after Craig Marcus, an attorney who appeared on Jean Kasem's behalf at Monday's hearing, said he did not know where the radio personality was but knew that he had been removed from the country.

"I have no idea where he is," Marcus said.

The revelation brought stunned protests from Murphy and two of Casey Kasem's daughters, two of the entertainer's three children from a previous marriage.

"Your statements concern me even more," the judge told Marcus, who declined to comment after the hearing.

Marcus said in court that Jean Kasem had every right to move her husband as she saw fit.

Murphy appointed a doctor to look into Casey Kasem's care and ordered a court-appointed attorney to find out his whereabouts as soon as possible.

Casey Kasem gained fame with his radio music countdown shows, "American Top 40" and "Casey's Top 40," and was the voice of Shaggy in the cartoon "Scooby Doo."

As temporary conservator, Kerri Kasem will have access to her father's medical records and other reports that have previously been sealed by court order.

Kerri Kasem's case is the second one opened by one of the former host's children to try to gain access to their father and have some oversight over his care. A previous case by daughter Julie Kasem was dismissed after she reached a settlement with her stepmother, but the daughter said Monday that agreement has been breached.

In a court filing last week, Kerri Kasem's attorneys wrote that the entertainer has been repeatedly moved without warning and his children have been unable to see him. The complaint accused Jean Kasem of elder abuse by isolating her husband from his family.

"We've been troubled for a long time," Kerri Kasem said after Monday's court hearing. She said Murphy's orders will ensure that the truth about her father's care comes out.

"Justice has been served today," she said

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Zoinks! :(

1 person likes this.
  3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

And he'd probably get away too, if it weren't for those meddling kids.

2 people like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I found that article hard to follow. Poorly written without common facts. Surely there is a better written article out there

How old is the new wife? And how long has she been married to Casey

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I pray for the best

She has been married to him since 1980. . . 34 yrs.
    I hope everyone is doing what is in his best interest.

I dunno enough about the story to think otherwise.

Rocket River

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If she's been married to him since 1980, I'm on her side. Sometimes the kids are the good diggers.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I side with Kerri Kasem (One of his daughters)

[​IMG]

I hate that she left Sixx Sense.

8. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I have a bad feeling about this, Scoob...

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I remember when I first found out she was married to him
    I think it was one of her appearences on Cheers.

I was kind of put off by it. . . . .

but here it is 20+ years later and they been strong
    Cannot knock it.
    I cannot image what is happening in that circle

Rocket River

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In my mind I pictured Carson Daly or whoever is doing the Top 40 now. And I was shocked when they said he was 80 and demented.

11. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

At first glance at this I saw Case Keenum.

12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

You must spread...

Had to quote this for posterity. Loud office laugh.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It's pretty simple to find out his location if you put 2 and 2 together.

This story is dealing with SNAKES AND AN ACTUAL AMAZON
    [​IMG]

SNAKES + AMAZON WOMAN=ANTARTICA OR... PROBABLY THE AMAZON ITSELF(MOST LIKELY ANTARTICA)

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Someone get Don on the phone.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I did too. I was like oh no, poor Keenum.

17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

He's been found in Washington

http://gma.yahoo.com/casey-kasem-found-safe-wash-060700477--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

Casey Kasem has been found safe in Washington, law enforcement officials told ABC News, ending a frantic search for the missing radio DJ.
    Sheriffs in Kitsap County, Washington, found Kasem, 82. Deputy Scott Wilson, the Sheriff's Office public information officer, said police found Kasem Wednesday at an address provided by California Adult Protective Services. His wife, Jean Kasem, was also there, Wilson said.

Wilson said Kasem was visiting on vacation -- and that he was cognizant of his location.
    "At this time, the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Department does not believe this is a police issue," Wilson said in a statement.
    A judge ordered an investigation into Kasem’s whereabouts Monday after an attorney for the ailing radio personality's wife said the former "Top 40" host had been removed from Los Angeles without his children's knowledge.
    Kasem suffers from Lewy body dementia, which causes a progressive decline in mental abilities. He has been in various medical facilities chosen by his wife.
    Kasem’s children say their stepmother had barred them from seeing their father.
    Daughter Kerri Kasem, who was appointed her father's temporary caretaker Monday, released a statement through her publicist after her father was found.
    “The family has grave concerns about his health and will do everything in their power to bring him back home,” the statement read.
    "We are grateful to the local authorities for finding my dad. We are one step closer to bringing him home," Kerri Kasem added.