1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

um... WTH 61AM morning show?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by candlegreen, Jul 20, 2005.

1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

WTH 61AM morning show? *HARRY POTTER SPOILERS ALERT**!!

Just something that irks me a little bit.

HARRY POTTER SPOILER DISCLAIMER** DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW....

PLEASE DON"T READ THIS UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE END OF THE BOOK!!!...

I'm not sure if they're kidding or not, but if not, then I guess it's just a stupid joke. As bad as it might sound, some people might just care enough to not want to know a big story plot before they read the book, much less a book with as much publicity as this. Any radio show I've heard that talks about a movie would give such a warning. So this morning, I'm driving to work listening to 610AM, hoping to hear more news. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the biggest sports fans there is. I actually went through the commercials without changing the station, only to hear (Lance?) come out and say ...(don't read any further if you dont' want to know)...

"Dumbledore dies..." and went on and chuckes and say "Well, if you are listening to this station, you wouldn't care anyways." I think that's uncalled for. Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this, but if this is true and not just some cruel joke, I really felt that it's a little out of line. I bought the book recently and was allowing my gf to read it first. I went as far as to make sure that she doesn't react too much as to let me know what's going to happen. I guess I was just a little upset over the fact that this was said as some sort of spoilers joke. Oh well, life goes on.

#1 candlegreen, Jul 20, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  2. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Sounds good to me.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

You know, I've never read any Harry Potter books and I'm not a fan; I saw the first movie with my girlfriend and that was it. But even I knew about this tidbit... I mean, I thought it was pretty much common knowledge even before the book came out... right?

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

:eek:

OMG!!! How can you post that on Clutchfans!?!?!?!
    Are you Dan Higgins Beard?

I thought I was going to read a post about sports radio 610 and when I click in the middle of the page it says "Dumbledore dies..."

Thanks A lot!!! :mad:

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Are you kidding, because you quoting it is the real problem. The guy put a spoiler disclaimer at the top. What more can you ask for? I foresee a future feedback thread asking for spoiler tags for the board. You know, the one that blacks out spoilerific stuff.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i was thinking the same thing. if the SPOILER DISCLAIMER wasn't enough, he inserted about 10 lines of space in between too.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, when you don't open a thread originally and then it gets replies, and you click on the arrow for the first new post, it takes you to that post.

How about a damn warning in the thread title. I had no idea this thread was about Harry Potter until I saw a ****ing spoiler.

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Useually when I read a thread I haven't read before I start at the beginning.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Force of habit. Doesn't excuse having a completely misleading thread title with absolutely no mention of any spoilers.

10. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Im not hiding at work with a minimized window!!!
    I am viewing a full screen page and when i click on a 610am post it had "Dumbledore dies..." in the middle of the page!!! The 10 lines of spaces just mad eit stand out more. It was the very first thing my eyes were drawn to. Shame on you!!!

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

His title isn't misleading. He was upset with something 610AM did.

I don't see how he did anything wrong. He had spoiler warnings before the spoiler.

12. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

No, shame on you for being the dumbass that quotes the ONE THING that no one wants to see.

The thread title IS VERY MISLEADING. What is it with people wanting to ruin this book for others????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. Oski2005

Well, if we are talking about tips and tricks and other people's posting habits, when you move your cursor over the thread link, without clicking it, a little window pops up that shows you the first few lines and for this thread it shows this part of the post
    If other people followed my habit, they would have known to be careful. Furthermore, this thread wasn't malicious like DHB's, yet some of you are treating it like it did it on purpose.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Me thanks myself for not caring about Harry Potter.

15. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Okay kids, play nice.

Now here's a suggestion I have for y'all.

Instead of logging on to ClutchFans and complaining, you could have been:
    • reading Harry Potter instead
    • working

Just a thought.

EDIT: DON'T CLICK FOR 'SPOILER' I just found this and found it to be amusing. Kind of reminded me of...

EDIT: And this one as well. :D

#15 Mr. Mooch, Jul 20, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ha ha ha. People are now complaining about a post complaining about spoilers. Surely others can see the irony here.

Just in case you've SOMEHOW gotten this far without having JEEZ LOUISE THE WHOLE STORY RUINED... I WILL NOW BRIEFLY DISCUSS A SPOILER.

I SAID A SPOILER! TURN AWAY NOW!!

DON'T YOU DARE QUOTE THIS!!!

I guess I really was the only person on earth who heard the rumors about somebody dying in this book and immediately thought, "Gotta be that old wizard guy," then? I mean, talk about a literary cliché... the wizened mentors ALWAYS have to die! Literally, always! That's as predictable as they come. Maybe you guys should read more.

17. Oski2005

LMAO

Is there a video or something of that first one?

18. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I'm really sorry for those who complained and I honestly didn't mean for those to read it unless they knew what was coming. Ironically it turned out to be the same thing that got me in the first place. I'm really sorry ....

19. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

A bunch of grown men arguing over Harry Potter spoilers. An all time Clutch Fans low.

20. drapg

drapg Member

Heh, heh... geeks! ;)