1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter Reaction: Rockets announcers after MKG injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by risemeyer, Feb 2, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Clyde is a dope. He says stupid stuff all the time. It's not surprising people are offended.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

#42 Dave2000, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  3. jocar

jocar Member

That would explain how he can downplay the incident. Since he's been through it himself, he's assuming the same case

4. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Clyde is a HOF. he thinks everything he says is gospel to the fans n audience. Im sure hes had a couple on the rocks before the game.:grin:

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Good, this is a good time to release Drexler from Broadcasting and bring Calvin Murphy with Bill Worrel. Let Drexler take Murphy's spot.

6. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

There was nothing wrong with Drexler said. He's telling a story about himself.

7. haydenfisher342

how dare you comment on people with sensitive feelings. Dont you think you should wait a while before ridiculing people for being sensitive. Sensitivity is a very sensitive subject and shouldnt be belittled by you.

8. Roxs

Roxs Member

Was watching the game pretty closely. None of the Rockets' announcers said anything that set off a, "Holy S**T, did they just say that?!" alert in my head when MKG was down.

9. MonKing

MonKing Member

Clyde was way out of line. I was surprised other announcers didn't do more to rein him in. He didn't mean anything bad - just talking like an old-timer who played in a time when real men shook off concussions and kept playing (and suffered the consequences years later.)

Clyde is clueless but it is the job of the others to manage that. Not surprised at all Bobcat fans would find their commentary in poor taste.

10. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Never liked these announcers in all of my years watching Houston. Whenever I watch the Rockets, I am always hoping I get the announcers from the other side in my league pass. They're usually more bearable even from the other team rooting for their home team. Matt Bullard is the best among the 3, but jeesh, Clyde and Bill are the worse!

11. haydenfisher342

Clyde was not way out of line, just your feelings are. I remember getting hit in the head with a baseball bat on accident by my brother and I didnt get mad about it. In fact i laughed along with it saying I got knocked the F out. My whole family laughed about it, I knew they cared. I knew they were concerned but i didnt need them rushing to my aid and babying me. Now I hope it was just a concussion for MKG. I wish him the best.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

Royce???

get back to the gym and get in game shape....

1 person likes this.
  13. haydenfisher342

#transparency

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

They can suck my balls, he did not go over the line, AT ALL. He joked about HIS EXPERIENCE. They stopped plenty of times and acknowledged that they hoped MKG was OK.

These people are just looking for reasons to be offended.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

None of them were joking. Even on my crappy stream that kept freezing up I saw nothing wrong with what they said.

16. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I have not been a fan of our announcers for quite a while to many dumb jokes - Drexlerisms - I usually listen to radio broadcast. These guys need to issue a apology asap.

17. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

did you even listen to the audio?

18. platypus

platypus Member

Every jackass with an opinion has something to say nowadays because of twitter. I found nothing that Clyde said to be even remotely offensive. Some people will never stop whining.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Listening to that deadspin video I didn't hear anything at all. Must have been something said later if people were upset.

20. gah

gah Member

I sure would like to hire a lot of you who are saying it was nothing, you all should aspire to be spoke persons. Put yourselves in the other side and God forbid imagine it was one of our most promising player lying there in those conditions for that amount of time. Somebody said the right keyword: solemnity, the moment demanded it.

I'm not crucifying the crew because they didn't mean disrespect, but they probably already recognized they weren't acting very professionally.