1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter Reaction: Rockets announcers after MKG injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by risemeyer, Feb 2, 2013.

1. haydenfisher342

wow take clydes words out of context. He also said the Bobcats could use that as there motivation.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

Kam and I got upgraded, sat courtside, like row 2 towards the tunnel he left at.

Scary scene, when he passed us on the stretcher, had his eyes closed, I have a video, but think its pretty weird to upload it here

3. trock

trock Member

Clyde wasn't really joking. He was just talking about how he got knocked out by Ken Bannister and woke up in the hospital after the game still in his uniform. He just wasn't solemn like announcers usually get in these kinds of situations. They were acting like he was going to be ok which obviously they shouldn't have assumed. He then did say it was an advantage because of killing the momentum for the Bobcats just before they resumed play.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

People are likely overreacting, but that doesn't change the fact that Clyde, Bill, and Bull still suck at their job ...and I'm saying that as someone who thinks the broadcast has actually improved this year.

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Member

It was no big deal what they said, get over it.

6. haydenfisher342

matt bullard is the best in the business, he knows basketball, he calls it like he sees it.

Bill, kind of a goofball, has fun, has excitement for when plays favor Houston and even when they dont, he's a homer but he also recognizes great basketball when he sees it, and will let it be known (IE Mcgee Dunk on Houston)

Clyde, a pro player along with matt, hes a goofball too, moslty just HEE HEE HEE chuckles.

want bad announcers, listen to Denvers. Now they are the freaking worst. Houston announcers are not one sided. I dont get the hate

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They were just casually chatting in a joking way. I didn't think it was all that bad, I remember Clyde talking about how back in the day he got knocked out cold during his first game and woke up in the hospital or something.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

While they were taking a look at MKG on the floor, Clyde Drexler told a story where he was knocked out in a game in New York in the Garden in his rookie season or second season, and woke up in the emergency room still wearing his jersey and was like, 'Hey, what happened to the rest of the game?'

Later, right after they wheeled MKG off on a stretcher, Worrell said, "He might be waking up like you did Clyde, a little later, wondering 'where's the game?'"

Clyde then laughed, "Hey, I was meeting someone after the game! hehe"

Then Clyde talked about how the time off helps the Rockets. "To be honest, we're always concerned with Kidd-Gilchrist's health, but it was a great pause for the Houston Rockets because they were fading. The momentum was clearly with the Bobcats before that incident."

They expressed concern throughout... but it was a little insensitive. Kind of clueless Clyde, like he didn't have the "potential career-ending, life-altering injury" possibility in his head.

9. haydenfisher342

wasnt there a mention about how this could inspire Bobcats, to come out and play for there fallen comrade or am I just making it up

10. rocketblood713

I like them there funny to me lol but I didnt hear anythin that ty said that was bad

11. CertifiedTroll

I honestly didn't think they were out of hand at all. After they talked about it for awhile Clyde mentioned "I know this sounds bad, but this actually helps the Rockets because the Bobcats had the momentum going" Sheesh people are just looking for a way not to blame this on Jeff Taylor

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

I was really happy he stopped shooting.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Didn't get to watch the game, but regardless of tonight's incident, our color commentators are a borefest of epic proportions. Why does Les insist on putting viewers to sleep while watching the game?

Get Hakeem and Mutombo. At least there would be comedy when no one understands what they're saying.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I don't think they were being purposely disrespectful but its usually not a good idea to laugh and joke around when something serious like this is going on.

15. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Those folks are fans of a terrible team. They'll find anything to complain about to draw blame away from their terrible team for losing.

16. CertifiedTroll

Am I the only one that actually really likes Matt and Bill?

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

keepin it real

18. haydenfisher342

I like them all really.

19. Kam

Kam Member

I didn't see what happened initially, but they showed the replay once on the screen. Thought MKG got tangled up with his teammate, and ripped his knee up.

From watching the replay, the back of his neck hit Taylor's front thigh, and he went down. I saw Keith Jones come to a security guard to alert an EMS to get a stretcher out. So when that happened, kinda knew **** was serious. I kept looking down the hallway to see what was going on. I tried to pick up some other audible things like where they were going to take him and stuff. As the finally lifted and wheeled him away, he wheeled him away in front of me. Limbs weren't moving, there were no thumbs up. His eyes were closed. It looked pretty scary.

ESPN has a replay of it now.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...bobcats-carted-collision-teammate-jeff-taylor

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:8909573&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

Say, at :47, who is that cool guy in the Retro Rockets shirt next to that other cool guy in the Harden All Star jersey.

20. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

We as fans who always listen to Clyde, Bill, and Matt know how they are and how they commentate games. But as outsiders listening to their broadcast I could see why they would get upset. We all know they didn't mean to put down MKG but like always the general public gets upset about everything and anything.