1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Twitter Mania

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 19, 2009.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Whats the big deal about Twitter? Everyone has it now (Clutchfans, celebrities, players).

A couple of weeks ago I didn't even know what Twitter was and now you hear about it everywhere.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Don't know, I agree with Charles though. If you need to know what a person is doing every minute of their lives than you yourself have no life.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It has crossed my mind a couple of times and I was probably going to ask the same thing, eventually. People won't shut up about it, but I don't see anything innovative about it. But, I know how fads are...

4. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

It just an internet fad and will go away soon just like facebook, xanga, myspace, etc etc etc...

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

CNN seemed to spend all day yesterday going on and on
    how Ashton Krutcher got a millions Twits [appropriate name?] before they did

all I could think of was. . .WTF . . Slow News day???

Rocket River
    . . .HE WAS ON FRICKING LARRY KING TALKING ABOUT IT !!

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

My friend actually had a theory that Twitter was invented by the government to monitor people. I actually thought it was an interesting theory just because I had read earlier how CNN had broken the earthquake in Italy story because someone "twittered it."

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I look at Jason Friedman's twitter and anything Rockets related for any scoop. Other then that, kinda dorkish to me.

8. duwende

duwende Member

Wasn't there some journalist who got jailed in Egypt a few years ago, no one knew about his status until he twittered that he was in jail?

9. TheBigAristotle

No joke. I'd heard of Twitter in the past but nothing like the last few weeks/month or two. No one ****ing cares. I will not get one , STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I always thought how stupid it was when people updated their status on myspace daily (even several times a day). If you have a continuous audience, its useful, but outside that, its silly. I don't care what you are doing and I surely don't want everyone to know what im doing 24/7.

11. TheBigAristotle

Oh, is that really all it is??

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is "Twitter"?

Actually, Don't answer that.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Dude that's not even half as bad as Facebook and their "status" thing. Good lawd it's silly. People update it w/the most ridiculous crap and I just turn down the settings as to whose status I'd care to read about-basically no one.

14. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

This thread needed to be made! So sick of hearing about Twitter! :mad:

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Facebook is as strong as ever.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Yeah. People seem to love the fact that others know what they are doing at all times.

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I liked JVG's explanation of why he doesn't use twitter, facebook, etc the other day during the Cavs game. Paraphrasing because I don't remember exactly, but he basically said "I don't Twitter or any of those social networking sites because I'm neither social nor know how to network."

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I have it, just started it last week, I don't really update my status too much. I have Friedman, Clutch, and others followed to my phone via text also, I don't know I really keep it for news. The other stuff, I mean it's not like I check it everyday, it's just something on the side. I do like the insider news before its released in the news though about the Rockets.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Isn't it just like IM or text messages, but you can broadcast them, or make them viewable by everyone?

DD

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont like twitter either, I dont want to know, everytime a person is going to take a poop, I dont care what you do with your life, If I want to about my friends, I call them or chat with in the messenger.