1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[TV] The Amazing Race 15

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Sep 29, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

New season, and new drama.

I love this show, although they stole a bit from "I survived a Japanese game show" in the first episode.

I already do not like the poker girls....but they survived....gonna be fun.

DD

2. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Great show. Wasabi roll was great.

I am pulling for the autistic guy and his friend. The trial lawyer needs to go...

Also the Mrs. USA winner seems like she is very high maintenance. I mean when the husband was trying to eat the Wasabi roll she was criticizing him but when it is her turn and she is screwing up with the herding the ducks she did not want to hear anything.

Are these Poker chicks really that famous??? What are the odds they are standing in line in the Japanese airport and some guy recognizes them and blows their cover... :confused:

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL at the yoga couple getting sent home in the first 10 minutes. Bless their hearts.

I'm pulling for either the autistic guy and his friend or the Globetrotters. I have a feeling the Globetrotters are going to be out soon because they spend too much time cutting up.

The poker girls are annoying as hell. Same with the roided up lawyer.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

The monsoon rain in Vietnam was insane. The roads were like rivers!

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That was unreal.....you can really see in some of the tasks the difference between the thinkers and the people who just Brute force their way through.

The license plate was a prime example.

DD

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Love this show!! Agree with a lot of the sentiment here ...

Rooting for the guy with Aspergers and the Globetrotters and really can't wait for the poker players and the "lawyer" to get the boot. Is there ANYONE that would really want that guy representing them in court?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I liked when the trial lawyer team was reading the Vietnam clue. They couldn't even pronounce Ho Chi Min city remotely correctly...

but they're wicked smat... :rolleyes: :)

8. dianap07

dianap07 Member

don't like the poker girls either. Its what they lied about that i didnt like. they said they worked for some non profit organization LOL. thats low!!

i love this show though. :)

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I cant stand the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer..

[​IMG]

I also thought the challenges were lame for a season premiere.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Those poker girls are like the worst ambassadors possible for the game. It's not like they were voted to be, but damn, there's hundreds of other poker players (men and women) who would not come off like jerks like they do. And while they're known in the poker community, and one made a deep run in the WSOP Main Event a few years ago, but they're nothing special. They make a decent living playing poker, two out of thousands that do the same.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

wow, it's not often that everyone posting about a show like this agrees.

Im going for the Globetrotters and the aspberger's guy and his friend....hate the stupid roid lawyer and the girl poker players. We about died laughing when they got busted about what they do. Karma's a b**** gals!

I never miss AR...one of my favorite shows.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

If you missed the first episode, or ever miss one later you can watch them here:

Amazing race videos

Whole episodes and smaller ones that interview the people after they have been eliminated...called elimination station.

I have my DVR set to record it, but almost always miss the first episode or parts of it because they change the danged name....from AR 14 to AR15 and the DVR doesn't know it is the same show....

I missed the first hour and had to go back and watch it......which was AWESOME because of the Japanese game show element.....

DD

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that actually comes in very handy for some as CBS is constantly running late due to NASCAR or NFL or whatever they are showing that day. I normally make sure to set my DVR to record AR and Cold Case (comes on immediately afterward AR) just so I dont miss anything.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm rooting for the ex-globetrotters. :cool:

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

We almost lost that moronic Lawyer from Boston.....who is so smart that he couldn't figure out the stamp was his clue.

DD

16. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I loved when he did his "hulk smash" on the VCRs and didn't even bother with the screwdrivers..

17. Fatty FatBastard

I just don't get this show, and I typically like these type of shows. I like Survivor.

But this show is just like a chicken running around with its head cut off. Too much of the hectic "oh no! We're going to lose! Faster! Faster!"

Especially when 9-10 times they're all racing to an airplane with a 4 hour delay, so they all catch up anyway.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, that part bugs me. Luckily it didn't happen last night. And I agree that the editing comes off as a little too chaotic at times, but that's the feeling they're going for.

Sometimes they make it seem like contestants are MINUTES apart when arriving at the finish line, but I'll bet that poor host has to sit and wait for HOURS between the finishers at times.

Still, I love the whole concept. I love the way they incorporate the culture of where ever they are racing into the challanges. The show would be a BLAST to go on, assuming you're with someone you can actually stand to be around.

That poor old couple last night that got booted, they just seemed to be having a leisurely day in Vietnam. Taking in all the sights, cutting up in the cab...I think they forgot they were in a race.

19. dianap07

dianap07 Member

did you see the poker girls while they were hauling that animal statue? the asian girl made the other one do all the damn work! she could barely breathe while the other chick was hauling her little back pack LOL. On top of that she made her do the other task as well. i think I'd slap her by now haha.

20. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

I also love the show and actually applied to be on it a few years ago (obviously didn't make it).

The Globetrotters and Zev/Justin (Asberger guy and friend) are also my favorite teams. I think they are both strong teams that could make the final 3 teams. But there are others I would not mind if they won. Here is what I think of the other teams remaining.

Megan/Cheyne (blond couple) - seem nice and genuine. Not too nice or fake. Nothing really to dislike and seem to work well together. Could make the final 3.

Maria/Tiffany (poker players) - I don't hate them, and I certainly don't hate that they lied to the other teams; after all, it is a game. But the non-profit homeless thing is kinda wrong. I won't be sad when they are eliminated. Won't make the final 3.

Lance/Keri ("lawyer" and wife) - If he actually is a lawyer, I feel bad for whoever he represents. Not smart and annoying. I want them to go next. Definitely will not make the final day.

Gary/Matt (father and son) - they seem to work pretty well together, and seem to have enough brains and braun to succeed. Another contender.

Brian/Ericka (the couple from Tennessee, Miss USA) - They seem nice enough but their stress level is just too high, especially with the girl. They will not make the final group.

Marcy/Ron (the older couple that met online, dating) - lady seems a little to crazy...the whistles, the opposite sex comment, etc. They will not make the final group.

Sam/Dan (brothers) - they seem like they could do well and should have no problem with any physical task, but I just feel they will make that one big mistake that screws them over. Plus, there are other good teams that could/should beat them. But, being a team of young guys can really help with the physical challenges, and they are not dumb, so they could make a run at the final group.

Mika/Canaan (younger couple) - There have already been spurts when they seems to turn on each other and go a little crazy. I don't think they will last too long.

Sooo, I think Zev/Justin, Globetrotters, Megan/Cheyne, and Gary/Matt are the top 4 teams right now. The brothers are the strongest physically, so I won't count them out.