1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TV Coverage Outside Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CharlieChan, Nov 22, 2004.

1. CharlieChan

CharlieChan Member

Can someone explain why the Portland game Monday was blacked out in Beaumont, TX? I have Time Warner and I have NBA League Pass. The game was not on Fox Sports. The NBA channel carried the Rockets but it was blacked out, which makes no sense to me since its a road game.

The rockets game thread mentioned confusion whether Fox or Houston channel 51 was to carry the program. Is the deal that I don't get a game outside Houston if 51 carries the game? If so I should still get NBA League Pass I would think.

Can anyone explain this mess for me oand others in this situation; and how long will this continue. Also, how many games is 51 to carry - I thought it was just a few.

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Yeah it was on Ch.51 yesterday

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You'd have to talk directly to the NBA or the folks at League Pass. The Rockets have no control over those broadcasts, unfortunately. I know that there is some weird rule about what games can be broadcast in certain areas, but you'd really want to go to the source for that.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I agree with Jeff. The only time I've been unable to get Rockets games on League Pass is when they: play the Mavericks & the game is on Fox SW or local TV (Ch.21 in Dallas); the game is being carried on NBA TV (Ch. 601 on Directv); the game is on RSN (Regional Sports Net - Ch. 644-646 on Directv); the game is carried on ESPN or TNT. The Portland game was on NBA League Pass ch. 721.

Now it may be that Beaumont is considered being in the Houston area (I know it's 110 miles away!) and thereby is subject to blackout. I know this was the problem with Directv's baseball package which blacked out Astros games up here in Dallas thereby making the package worthless to me.

5. CharlieChan

CharlieChan Member

For the record, I now seem to be getting all of the Rocket games thank goodness! I get them in Beaumont on Time Warner channel 26 which must be the FOX equivalent channel 51 Houston feed for the Rockets. When I get the channel 51 Houston feed on Time Warner channel 26 the NBA pass game channel is blacked out; but I'm seeing the games so I'm happy - finally after what was it - 3 years?

Is everyone else getting the games too?

6. lpbman

lpbman Member

well living across the river in Louisiana, I am still thrilled that FSN is now carrying the games, and I can see more than 2 games a year without buying league pass... I'd love to but I just can't afford it

sorry this adds nothing to the discussion!