1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Arrested Development (Complete Series) $SALE$

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Nero

Nero Member

Hey all, just a heads-up, since people liked hearing about the Mel Brooks special a little while back, there is another one-day-only deal on Amazon going on today, 9/7/12:

http://www.amazon.com/Arrested-Development-Complete-Series-Seasons/dp/B000JJ3Y78/ref=xs_gb_A3UN8SDZO5OMU2?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NTVECXM885BN4W9ZHNM

Arrested Development, the complete series, $26.99 (normally $89.98)

I never really watched the show, but I saw a few episodes and thought it was funny, so this is going to be a good time to grab the whole thing.

Enjoy!

2 people like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird Member

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole series available on netflix?

3. yo

yo Member

It is, and I realized this after I bought the damn thing a while back. Argh.

Just buy netflix for a month, finish it, and cancel. 8 bucks.

4. updawg

updawg Member

Still worth buying. Great show

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

There's always the bonus stuff (don't think that's on Netflix?). I watched this earlier in the year on Amazon, but almost tempted to buy the collection for what I didn't see. Disappointed I missed out on its first run, but glad I'm here for its revival.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If you've watched the series only one time, you're not done with it yet. You'll probably catch all the jokes on your 4th watch-through.

7. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

This is one of the few shows I will watch over and over. Part of the genius of the show is catching little things you hadn't noticed the first time around. Cast was so awesome too.

8. yo

yo Member

I thought so. I've refrained from stating how I thought the show wasn't particularly funny since everyone else in the world seems to think it's the funniest show ever. I guess I just need to watch it again.

9. bladeage

bladeage Member

I don't think it can be funny to someone if they jump in during the middle of season or just catch one episode. There are so many running jokes that you won't know what the hell is going on.

10. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

I tried to do exactly that, and was completely lost. Show didn't do much for me.

But, at this price, I guess I'll give it a shot from episode 1. Thanks for the heads-up, Nero.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

You'd be so much better off starting from the first episode. I've watched the entire series 4 times now and it still cracks me up each time.

12. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Member

I truly feel sorry for everyone who's missing out.

And yeah, if there's ANY show worth getting the full series DVD of - ITS THIS ONE.

The commentary, special features and episodes themselves deserve their own proper place on the dvd shelf amongst the greatest.

13. dharocks

dharocks Member

Don't watch it with the subtitles on.

14. slcrocket

slcrocket Member

I still catch stuff I didn't see before (or at least didn't remember), and I swear I've done ten cycles of the show.

Still the funniest TV show I've ever seen. Not a dud episode in the bunch, hilarious cameos, inside jokes that often link episodes from separate seasons, etc. It's brilliant.