1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Formula is a Success

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Lowest unemployment in 50 years.
    Lowest Hispanic unemployment ever.
    Manufacturing confidence at all time high

And were these jobs just government sector added jobs? No, 16,000 government jobs have been cut since Trump.

The Trump philosophy of unleashing America's business and entrepreneurs, getting regulations and government out of the way and incentives for business to invest, showing foreign countries that we will go to bat for our businesses if they get unfair trade practices and creating a corporate tax structure more competitive in a global world is WORKING.

Now people may not like his past, his demeanor, his speech and his vulgarity or temperament. But the American people voted him President because of economic concerns about their own lives.

Another Supreme court justice that respects the constitution and will not allow government overreach into our lives is another great achievement.

Feel very happy for the American people. They chose differently and they've all been the winners.

BruceAndre likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Trump lowered corporate taxes, meanwhile there are over ten thousands of requests for tariffs exemptions. The trade nonsense is hurting this economy, this boom has nothing to do with trade. This is a tech boom.

This boom is coming at the cost of a lot of debt. You’ll notice it’s pretty unusual to run such high deficits during a strong economy. The times are good now but they could possibly be worse than they need to be when the economy inevitable has a recession. Deficits and debt seem to not matter when the GOP are in charge.

Time will tell if we got Bush Jr’ed.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mounting national debt, building a huge bubble which will collapse soon.....

Trump is an idiot.

DD

4. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Artificial government intervention in interest rates has been a source of dubious strength for the United States over
    the last decade, though since the election interest rates as reflected by the 10 year treasury have nearly doubled albeit
    from a low base.

Its just interesting that despite extremely low rates, an enormous increase in the federal debt and an significant increase in
    government hiring, expansion of benefits and a skyrocketing of virtually every social welfare program, the results were not
    as dramatic for Obama.

In my opinion it was the philosophical direction of Trump vs. Obama. Obama believed government was the answer and
    had to play a strong role in regulating and controlling the economy. He believed a larger, more intrusive government whose
    role was to affect the social construct and economic disparities in the economy through government action.

Trump on the other hand is surrounded by those that believe not in government influence and control but that the government is
    simply the referee in the game among businessmen and entrepreneurs and choose to get out of their way unless the rules are
    broken.

I happen to agree with the latter and it seems that the economy's strength is due to many others believing the same.

cml750 likes this.
  5. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Also embedded in the tax law were limitations on interest deductions for corporate debt if it exceeded 30% of ebitda which
    is mainly targeting extreme ends of private equity debt structures which is a main culprit in the corporate overleveraging in
    the United States today.

pgabriel likes this.
  6. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Positively deep analysis. So much detail and thought.

jcf likes this.
  7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Watch the liberals squirm! They can't explain the robust economic growth!

BruceAndre likes this.
  8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You fanbois of any politicians are hilarious and pathetic at the same time. Especially one as moronic as the Dotard.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Trump has always been about show. This short term boom will come with a long term cost. He will leave office with impressive numbers like this, but will leave a mess for the future.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

It is hard to explain, because only 1% can feel the robust economic growth.

JuanValdez likes this.
  11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I look forward to doing my part to vote him out of office in 2020

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

Tell that to all the people who were unemployed who now have jobs. Also, every single person I know got a tax cut and I am sure you did too.

BruceAndre likes this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hilarious that you guys are all about respecting the will of the people all of a sudden. Was this noble sentiment in the 8 years before Mr Trump?

I'm guessing that your great love of popular sovreginity will last about as long as Trump stays in office.

14. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Hispanics, African American and the poor are feeling the benefits as companies are in a competitive fervor for
    employees offering higher wages, more benefits, tuition assistance and more.

To not understand one must be so locked into an emotional hatred that it clouds one judgement and leaves
    one purposely daft.

Interest rates are dangerous and the economy is way past due for a recession, but the fundamental actions
    implemented by this administration have been a boon for business and their stakeholders alike.

Its really near impossible to dispute this. Even the current Fed Chairman has exclaimed that the economy
    is "almost too good to be true".

It is not that Trump did anything great, he just got government out of the way and unleashed the entrepreneurial
    and business power of the American people making them slightly less worried about the government/costs and more
    about their customers.

Sometimes the simplest things are the best! Cheers and it will be a great Christmas for many families across
    the USA do to the Trump.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

So based on this wonderful insight, the last two presidents were idiots too?

pgabriel likes this.
  16. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I don't really know of anyone besides some fringes that questioned Obama's legitimacy as President??

I just vehemently disagreed with his belief about government policy and its control, affect and reach within US businesses.
    I believed despite a huge downturn, the normal recovery was muted due to these policies.

No one questioned whether Obama was legitimately elected or whether he was the president, unlike Trump
    who has to go through that from a vast majority of the democratic party, the press and hollywood on a daily basis.

Its a simple question. Do you believe Americans should have more or less control over their lives?
    I believe the former.

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

arkoe likes this.
  18. WNBA

WNBA Member

It is annoying that I didn't get the magical tax cut. Instead, DOE cut my research funding. Trade war is also destroying my wife's business. My son's school budget is plummeted.

I guess when economy is good, you install anti-business tariff, increase the national debt and cut the funding on scientific research and education? I don't know. Hope his 'success' will end soon.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Liking this post felt insufficient, so I'm quoting it too.

HakeemOnlyFan and No Worries like this.
  20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

you should be grateful for that extra $30 per month (for now, until it goes away a year from now) in tax cuts you received for your 50,000 a year salary

Takers

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.