1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Coward Watch, version infinity: Will he show up to debate??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 14, 2024.

?

Will Trump Show Up to Presidential Debates?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. I'm an idiot

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

As we all know, Trump, aside from being a mentally addled sociopathic convicted felon, a many-time traitor to his country, twice impeached, and the worst President of all time, as well as the possessor of extremely tiny hands...

....is also a well-known, inveterate mega maga Coward of the Nth degree.

These factors, as well as his obvious but under-discussed obvious mental and cognitive decline, has lead to increasingly bizarre public appearances (even by his standards) and inability to perform basic tasks like string together logically related sentences in public

President Biden, by contrast, tends to do things like show up at SOTU and clown Republicans who have been lead to believe via their @tinman @AroundTheWorld media diets of pure sludge and poison that he has lost all motor functions - and have them accuse him of being cybernetically enhanced when he does things like string coherent thoughts together (something Trump is incapable of ) and relate to people on a human level (again, incapable of).

This all points to an absolute nightmare for Trump - getting his 78 year old clock cleaned by an 81 year old man in a debate (this is what happned 4 years ago, and 8 years ago, and Trump has only slid into the toilet since).

What are the odds he actually shows up or "plays it safe" the way he did in the GOP primary, where he was alos afraid to show up and invents a reason not to go?

Espeically interested to hear from MAGA supporters like @basso and @Os Trigonum as well as Musk superfans like @Space Ghost

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

The best thing about his debilitation is that he, and his supporters, remain blissfully unaware of it and believes he is making sense.

I think he shows up.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

I think he shows up, but as he started saying yesterday, saying maybe he should lose the debate kind of has the feel as when he talks about the only way to lose an election is if someone cheats...........My biggest thing is the lies that he will tell, will the moderators do anything, will there be fact checking in real time and that goes for both candidates. You can't have one candidate up there telling his lies that he says every day and then his cronies go out and pollute the air waves with those lies. I know what Joe will say on things that matter to me but will trump parrot his views for his maga sheep or will he try and reach some independents with moderate talk as he has started to on abortion. Lying used to be a pretty big deal and people would get called out but there is no shame anymore and it's almost like were all numb from it, but there are folks out there who don't follow one dam thing about politics who might tune in just to be lied to

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really have a solid prediction. I think he doesn't want to do it since he skipped the debates against the Republicans and I also think it won't matter to his core support. The other side of the argument is that even in questionable polls he doesn't have the lead on Biden that he did on other Republicans and at best for Trump he has a narrow and fragile lead. With that I'm sure his campaign advisors are heavily pushing him to debate.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

If I recall one of the ground rules of the debate are that the moderator can shut off the mic of the person who is not speaking and given that it will be a CNN debate there will be some pushback from the moderator.

What I am absolutely sure of is no matter what Trump or Biden says or does Trump and his supporters will declare it a victory.

Trump could start foaming at the mouth and barking like a dog and they will still say he won.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Y'all wont be laughing when electrocution or shark bite is a question.

JeeberD, ROCKSS, MadMax and 2 others like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Now that is truly a question the electorate wants to know where the candidates stand..

8. astros123

astros123 Member

Why would trump show up? He can continue editing 4 second clips of biden and have fox news push them out. He doesn't want mainstream Americans to realize that he's just as old as biden. The debate will expose him for being the same age of biden.

There's no upside for trump for debating but too much downside. His braindead supporter @AroundTheWorld will do the work for him

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

If there's a camera I imagine the camera w**** will be there.

VooDooPope likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I feel like he understands it isn't his own rally and the audience won't be exclusively his supporters, he likely won't show.

astros123 likes this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Again?

12. No Worries

No Worries Member

If Trump was smart, he would not show and just say that he is so far ahead in the polls he does not need to.

Thus, Trump will show.

dobro1229 likes this.
  13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

My goodness, the underlying rage here is troubling. I ask as a concerned friend: Have you considered therapy?

14. astros123

astros123 Member

You're literally the most pathetic person on these forums. You've changed whatever you believe in to fit in the MAGA crowd.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

The rules. Of course, trump never follows rules.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

If they mute Trump’s mic he’s going to greatly be limited to how much he can interrupt.

Although it would be pretty funny if he tried so hard to interrupt that the moderator and Biden’s mic picked up some of him yelling.

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't need a mic. He will just yell. Then he will claim biased CNN kept cutting his mic.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I’m sure he will but these type of mics are
    Very good at filtering out background noise. It will take Trump yelling very loud or coming over to talk over Biden or the moderator’s shoulder for them to pic it up.

That’s why I said it would be funny if
    He was yelling that loudly.

ROCKSS, B-Bob and Xopher like this.
  19. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

They’re raging because they know their con shiit show is about coming to an end. This is so typical of what they do, gaslighting is their MO. Their man clearly has dementia and the whole world knows it and somehow they tried to convince you and your lying eyes that Biden is full of vim, vigor, fit for office and is ready for another 4 years. They only need to pull their corpse over the finish line by stealing the election again, and then cast him to the memory care facility so the cackling hyena can take over to become the first female minority president.

20. adoo

adoo Member

fwiw

Trump Admits He Made A Mistake During First Biden Debate

The felon has told people “multiple times” what he’s learned from the September 2020 debate

The felon recognizes that he interrupted Joe Biden too many times during the first 2020 presidential debate, according to Maggie Haberman.

“I mean, we all talked about it at the time, but Biden could barely get a word in edgewise, and Biden was kind of smiling throughout as this was happening.”

Trump interrupted Biden over 100 times in the September 2020 debate, which was characterized by journalists and political analysts at the time as a “chaotic disaster,” “the political equivalent of a food fight,”
    and the “worst presidential debate in living memory.”

According to Haberman, Trump has been prepping for the debate by taking briefings from various people, including several Republican senators, who focused on issues that could come up,
    such as abortion, health care, energy, COVID-19 and the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol attack.

“Trump doesn’t like prep,” she said. “I mean, he considers it school. So the fact that they’ve gotten him to do it this way is actually pretty revealing and also speaks to the fact that
    I think he knows that this has to go well for him.”