1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Truly, our offensive line crumbles like paper...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, I really hope Jimmy Johnson takes over this squad... :mad:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3458450

Line again becomes a sore subject
    Knee injury likely to cost Wade rest of the season

By JOHN MCCLAIN
    Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

INDIANAPOLIS - The last thing the Texans needed during Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts was to lose another starting offensive lineman.

Not only did the Texans lose to the Colts 31-17, but right tackle Todd Wade probably is out for the season after suffering what the doctors believe is a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

"I'd be lying if I said I was going to sleep well tonight when I think about that injury," quarterback David Carr said about losing Wade.

Wade was injured in the fourth quarter after doing a terrific job against Colts defensive end Robert Mathis, the NFL sack leader who was shut out for the first time this season.

"We haven't had X-rays yet," said Wade, 29. "All I know is it's probably a torn MCL. I'm not sure what it is exactly or if there's more (damage to his knee), but it doesn't feel very good.

"I've had an MCL sprain in my left knee. I've been pretty fortunate throughout my career as far as being injured. I haven't had too many setbacks. But I feel this is the worst I've had. Only time will tell."

Losing Wade means the Texans will have to make another change in the offensive line when they host Kansas City on Sunday night.

Victor Riley began the season as the starting left tackle before being moved to the right side to back up Wade.

Now Riley — who started at right guard Sunday — will return to right tackle.

Right guard Zach Wiegert, who missed the last four games with a high ankle sprain, might return against the Chiefs.

"We're sure hoping to get Zach back this week," coach Dom Capers said. "We feel like we will get him back. He's been improving every week."

Rookie center Drew Hodgdon, who started three games, suffered a broken foot against Jacksonville and is out for the season.

If everything goes according to plan, the Texans will line up against the Chiefs with Riley and Chester Pitts at tackle, Wiegert and Milford Brown at guard and Steve McKinney at center.

"We've had to move a lot of guys around, but they've played hard, and they've played well," said Carr, who threw a touchdown pass and was sacked three times.

Despite the changes up front, the Texans have played better on offense the last four games, even though their 1-3 record doesn't show it.

After allowing 27 sacks in the first four games, the Texans have surrendered 19 in the last five. On Sunday, they limited Mathis and Dwight Freeney — the league's best 1-2 sack punch — to one.

"It's hard to develop continuity and consistency when you're having to move guys around, but that's part of the game," Carr said. "Hopefully, we won't have to make more changes."

-----------------------------------------------------------

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought they played fairly well yesterday. I never thought I'd say this, but I really don't think we're the worst team in the league anymore. That title has to belong to the Ravens.

3. Major

Major Member

I think SF gets that title. At least the Ravens had a QB injury to blame. In their last 5 games, they've thrown for a combined 350 yards or so. Their best game was 102 yards passing. Outside of beating Chris Simms :), they've been beyond terrible.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, as long as it's not us. :) I really can't believe how bad Jamal Lewis has been.