1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[truehoop] - Playing for good teams (notable rockets mentions)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HowsMyDriving, Nov 10, 2009.

1. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

Truehoop on ESPN

I thought it was really interesting how many rockets were mentioned in this article as being good players that were underappreciated by their teams before arriving in Houston. Off the top of my head I think the writer mentions Scola, Lowry, Battier, and Ariza. There are more rockets described as diamonds in the rough in this article than players from any other team.

Just another case of Morey being Morey. We are damn lucky to have him and his staff.

a snippet:

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Well, he mentioned Ariza TO the Lakers, not to the Rockets... Interesting read tho, thanks.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think he exxagerates when it comes to Battier. He was appreciated as an intangibles guy in Memphis. I understand his point that his potential is not useful on a bottom-feeder, but his value was understood when he was a Grizzly. They did get a #8 pick for him, after all.

4. Blaze_3

Blaze_3 Member

Daryl is the man :cool:
    Carl Landry can call himself lucky, because of being drafted by the Rockets. I don't think he would have had much value on other teams...

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How do you explain the fact that Brian Cook was a rotation player before he left the Lakers?

6. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

He got fat.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like Truehoop,

I read somewhere that Morey completely dicked the Cavs by trumping thier bid for a secondround pick when we took Llull. Ten seconds before the pick had to be made, Morey offered like 10% more money, giving the Cavs no opportunity to counter. Morey literally costs the Cavs Blair who was thier target.

8. swattx

swattx Member

Carl Landry wasnt drafted by the Rockets. He was drafted by the Supersonics

9. wfox

wfox Member

Don't take too much out of an article that mentions Kyle Lowry in the same sentence as Shelden Williams, Louis Amundson, and Quinton Ross.

10. bigrub

bigrub Member

Brian Cook = scrub :D