1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trae Young is a better player than Luka Doncic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by H.D., Jun 19, 2021.

1. H.D.

H.D. Member

There, I said it.

Sorry to bust so many lazy narratives out there.

Not just watching these games, but ...

I watched the YT video showing Luka going hero-ball one-on-five and bricking shot after shot all because he refused to pass to a wide-open Porzingis, to realize Luka is simply full of ****.

#1 H.D., Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Theking and Jontro like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Very different players. But yes, the power of triple doubles to capture people's attention is definitely 'a thing' in today's NBA.

3. rockets13champs

It’s like harden vs curry with Doncic and Trae. Trae has the better team around him

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah, Clippers woulda swept the Hawks.

Trae has been great but Luka still on another level. Just the fact that he is 6'8 he can take the ball to the hole and bully smaller defenders which Trae cant do.

5. tksense

tksense Member

Trae shoots a far lower percentage, this has to count for somethin'. I agree also Clips are probably much better than the sixers in the post season. I'm glad that Trae exposed them, and by now had all but stopped the whole ridicule about the trade. I think that chatter had greatly motivated Trae to improve, so it's all good. It's regarded as an even trade now (with Trae + pick = doncic)

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

luka is more handsome despite being cp3 fatt.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Trae is really good, but no.

Trae's roster >>> Luka's roster

8. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I like Trae Young in the long run.

H.D. likes this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There's some real stupidity on Clutchfans lately.

The highlight of it for me is the irony of posting this directly after Trae shot 5/23 and was carried by his teammates through the entire elimination game.

#9 Downtown Sniper, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like Trae but he's on a young stacked team. Huerter is worthy of a light max contract

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Better than JJ Fatt.

Jontro likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Despite Trae's poor shooting game he hit a couple of big mid range shots and a three to help close that game out. He also wasn't careless with the ball and was getting his teammates great looks.

Overall offensively poor game, but he showed up when it counted the most.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's get Trae to the Wild Wild West then.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

At this point some players just have playoff blood and some don't. I can't explain it at this point.

Some of the stuff Harden was doing at the end of Game 7 just reminded me of here. I know he was on one leg but still. Dribbling out the clock, not pushing the offense faster...see a lot of him in Luka except Luka is way more emotional and seems to get in his head. I thought Luka would be better than Trae but I was wrong.

Also for the love of God can these players understand how important the mid range and floaters are in playoff basketball? You can't win without it.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trae Young has an actual squad. Luka's best teammate is Tim Hardaway Jr, who shot 41% from the field.

majicdonjuan and BossHogg713 like this.
  16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Maybe things will calm down around Luka, but there is currently too much chaos around him. He rejected the order Carlisle wanted to give his game since the beginning and now the Mav's entire organizational structure crumbled around him. I expect more of the same around him. No player or coach with a mind of their own will be able to be coexist with Luka.

That said, Luka is better, clearly, to me. However, I don't know how the NBA will find someone to manage him well enough to have great team success. He needs a Phil Jackson level handler.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They said that since his draft day. Something about his dad being toxic. I think that's the issue. A Lavar Ball dad.

JumpMan likes this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I don’t know if he’s better, but people were going crazy about that trade. It certainly doesn’t look like a massive steal for the Mavericks now. Many also thought they “stole” Porzingis from the Knicks. That trade doesn’t seem so great for the Mavs now, either. And now Don Jr. is out of a job. I guess their fortunes can dramatically shift again in the positive, but for now, I’m relieved Dallas didn’t turn themselves into the juggernaut many thought they could become a couple years ago...

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Does anyone even watch the games. Trae didn't even play well in the last game. Kevin Huerter was doing his best KD impression. Luka was carrying the mavs like every game. When he stopped scoring the Mavs would start trailing. He was averaging 35-8-10

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I didn't know about his dad. That will be interesting. Wonder if they were ever an issue at Real Madrid. What I remember about draft day was Doncic's hot mom.