1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade dispute in my work league

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by napalm06, Dec 14, 2014.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Curious for some impartial opinions on the trade below.

There's 12 of us at my office in a fantasy football league. The league has been running for 3-4 years. Usually 2-3 teams swap out for new owners each off-season. It is a re-draft league. Standard scoring.

About a week prior to the trade deadline, this trade was made:

* Demariyus Thomas

for
    *Markus Wheaton
    *Lorenzo Taliaferro

If this occurred in your league, would you veto it? Or is it no problem at all?

What if I added these facts:
    1. $500 to whoever wins the league
    2. This guy who received D. Thomas is now in the finals week 16
    3. The guy who traded D. Thomas was playing fantasy sports for the first time and finished #11/12 (ahead of his wife's team).
    4. These two guys sit next to each other at the office.

What say ye fellow CF's?

2. thething

thething Contributing Member

It should have been vetoed. There is pretty much no logic of why someone would want to trade Demaryius Thomas for those guys with the intention of improving his/her team.

3. napalm06

Both guys claim that they made the trade in good faith. The rookie manager says he loved the "potential" of both guys he received.

Also, the league does not currently have a veto system, which I should have specified in the OP.

It would have required the teams getting upset enough to nudge the commish to veto - and the commish received Thomas. :)

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Completely unfair trade. And there should be a trade deadline anyways.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Trades like that can ruin the competitiveness of the league, but vetoing trades can also ruin the competitiveness of the league. Depends how most of the league feels about it.

I would say it should have been vetoed simply because it's so obviously one sided.

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

delete, wrong thread

#6 MiddleMan, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  7. napalm06

I was expecting more "shut up and stop whining" type opinions, but I am glad the general consensus agrees with me.

Unfortunately, I just lost to the D Thomas team yesterday by 3 points. Thomas had 18.5. He is now guaranteed at least $100 for making the finals.

Cheesy.

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Obvious collusion.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I suggest setting a trade deadline next season. You should not be able to trade during the playoffs.

10. napalm06

Actually, the trade was made about 4 weeks ago, just prior to the deadline.

With no veto system in place, only me and one other manager were concerned about it at the time.

I can take solace in winning a small piece of the pot for getting the #1 seed, though.