1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. orbb

orbb Member

Bonzi is a matchup nightmare. He's not a good shooter, never has been. And he's only an above average role player. But he can create bad matchups for the opposing team at the 2. Matchups are what the playoffs are ultimately about. Oh well Les doesnt care...why should I?

2. All Souled Out

Gerald Green is not on his way out of the league. He was just in a tough situation in Minnesota. He's only in his 3rd year out of High School, and he needs minutes to develop. But he was stuck behind McCants, Walker, Brewer, and Gnomes. Walker and McCants being clearly better for Minnesota.

Gerald Green's 2nd year numbers:

10.4 PPG 2.6 RPG 1.0 APG in 22 MPG and 81 GP.

That's good enough to be a back-up 2/3 in the NBA. No, he's not as good as Bonzi Wells as our back-up 2/3, but people are going way overboard writing him off. He had a decent sophomore year. He's not worse than Snyder, and he can be a much better player than Snyder.

Now the Bobby Jackson trade, that move was just unfathomable. The last thing Houston needs is another injury prone player, and worse, he's on the tail-end of his career. Watch Bobby Jackson go down when Houston starts getting hit by injuries next year again. Houston needs more Shane Battier's. Guys and reliable guys who play 82 games a season.

The last thing this team needs is a Bobby Jackson. Watch him go down in the playoffs. The guy is right up there with Larry Hughes, Marcus Camby, and Penny Hardaway as the NBA's players made of glass. Jackson, along with Peja, C-Webb, and Miller probably cost the Kings a Championship with their unreliability. Any of them could have went down in any minute of a game. Looks like we're trying to replicate it.

3. scutmb

scutmb Member

it's sad to see Bonzi leaving. We just watch bonzi showing his play......
    If it's just for money, then Houston's owner is problem now, Yao should talk loudly.

4. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

They are saying now we could of had ron artest on TNT

5. chris5

chris5 Member

yea i JUST watched that. they said artest for bonzi and aaron brooks. that can't be right, there had to be some more rox players they wanted. the rox should've jumped all over that if that was the case....

6. jasona88

jasona88 Member

Wow is brooks really that good? To skip on artest!? Brooks, just seems like a glorified mike wilks, andre barett, John Lucas...or earl boykins at best.

7. durvasa

durvasa Member

I guess the Rockets really value Brooks as a young asset. They were also serious about improving PG depth more that wing depth.

8. macfan

macfan Member

Depth was our strength. Now we are average in terms of depth.

New Orleans had one the best starting 5's, but their problem was depth. We just solidified their rotation and extended it from 8 to 9. We made new Orleans from a pretender to a contender.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

Jesus. That's terrible. Ron Ron is a difference maker.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

I'm sure it had to be something else because those salaries don't match...right? I guess they figured they didn't want to give up AB for a rental.....

11. francis 4 prez

i'm not sure how i feel about not getting artest. getting artest for only a one year rental wouldn't be good. on the other hand, being tied to a long term contract with bat-**** crazy ron artest also isn't a great thing. i don't really see brooks as so invaluable that we can't give him up for an artest like talent, but you have to ask yourself if you really want ron artest. if he works out, it's great. if he goes ron artest on you, it'll be quite bad.

12. All Souled Out

I thought the Rockets wanted to win a Championship? Artest will help get you that.

Aaron Brooks for Ron Artest, who will make sure the Rockets get into the playoffs, and help the Rockets match-up against the Jazz, Lakers, and San Antonio is definitely worth it.

Artest is excellent defensively. He could have effectively defended Kobe, Nowitzki, D. Williams, and Manu Ginobili. Who else in the NBA has that type of defensive versatility?

13. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

wtf? Bonzi is playing well. Bobby Jackson? 5 years younger, maybe, but now? :mad:

14. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Yeah, Jackson has averaged 7.1 points a game. But he was playing behind chris paul so there wern't as many oppurtunities. Thats weird about giving up Bonzi though you would think Adelman would want to keep him just cause he coached a successful team with him on it.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

"It's a sad day," Tracy McGrady told the Chronicle.

"To lose Bonzi, that's pretty tough to lose," McGrady added. "That's a lot. His ability to get us extra possessions on offense. Just his presence out there on the basketball court."

16. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I'd jump on that deal. Artest is a legit 3rd option and one of the best defender.

Instead we went for B Jackson? What can he do that Brook or Head cannot?

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Artest with his varied history of ruining teams in his wake is considered a great move by us? There's a reason why he's cheap. Yeah, he's a game changer...for better or worse.

I guess it's like how some women love jerks and bad boys. Consequences be damned, they want a project to fix.

18. pollaxt

pollaxt Member

Wouldn't have worked salary wise, so I guess it included Mike James as well.

19. kingxdingaling

i love this trade... it gives landry more minutes.. and seems like he just a younger wells

20. Northside Storm

Bobby Jackson is fool's gold. If the Rockets made this trade for talent, then God help them.

Although, as a comic aside, we can now proudly boast of having the two worst high-shooting, shot-jacking, fg%-depressing PGs.