1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy Says He's Out for Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HookemHorns1250, Feb 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Koncept_Rocket

Agreed, the guy was clearly injured in all of the games he played. It is funny how quickly people forget how much this guy has contributed to this franchise in the past few years. I mean he may not have emerged from the first round, but surely you can't place 99% of that on him.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Me too, but for the good of the current team, he need to remove himself from the equation.

DD

3. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

I bet he doesn’t have surgery. He will sit out the season and then say he had enough Doctors say rest and rehab is all he needs. This was all BS. Way too funny he pulled this crap right before the trade deadline. He knew he was on the trading block and just didn’t want to end up on a crap team. I guess smart on his side. Just the most selfish player in the league and totally disrespecting to the Rockets franchise. I know some of you will ask what’s my source. Do I know him personally? Do I know the Docs? Do I know his Mommy? Well none of the above. I am going by actions speak louder then works and with Tracy we have had plenty. I mean just look at what he’s doing. Multiple well respected Docs have said surgery is not needed!!!! Then all he keeps saying is I am going to get more opinions… More opinions!!! Doesn’t he mean “I need to find a Doc who will say I need surgery?” Again mark my words TRACY WILL NOT HAVE SURGERY… It’s all a ploy.

UGH!

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

I've gotta commend you on being so calm. I know you are very opinionated, but you tend to do a good job of just providing your stance, and why you feel that way.

It's not secret I'm a Tracy fan, and really just anyone on our squad I tend to defend almost to a fault. It's been clear that this team is better without a *hurt* McGrady. People are frustrated because of the back and forth, so just trim their statement to say this team is better without him period.

I would have hated to endure the last few seasons without McGrady. This team was noticeably worse when Tracy did not play vs when he did prior to this season. Even when he went to the bench to rest, the team would look horrible.

This season, we have so much more talent that's actually playing to most of it's potential. It's REALLY unfortunate for McGrady that he's now dealing with the worse injury of his career (if it's going to require micro fracture).

If it comes out he's just taking all of us for a ride, which is completely possible, then he'll find that he'll piss off the few that still hold him in high regard. I mean, if he even cares about that.

So the ball really is in his court. If he's really hurt, then it is what it is. Hopefully Houston can be classy and just say, "thanks for the effort, wish you the best."

If he's been playing us all and the organization, he's committing professional suicide. Houston was willing to look past the Orlando quitting. If he pulls this, then no one will want to deal with him.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ess,

Thanks for the kind words.

I do believe Tmac is hurting, but I also beleive that he has not done what the doctors asked him to do to get better.

And you are correct, the team is better this year without Tmac, because he is not right.

So, if we are dealing with the reality of Tmac being unhealthy (in his head or body - doesn't matter which) then we need to look for what is best for the team.

And that is sitting Tracy down, the ball moves better without him, the defense is stronger without him, and the team is better overall without him.

At least THIS version of him.

DD

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Figures...fock...but I will agree with the team being better for now...that's why Les said he wasn't trading him...he can't...

Get well T-mac...

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm late to this thread but I don't see any official report or comment from the team. Something isn't right here and I'm not talking about McGrady's knee. Every doctor on record says no surgery is needed and now Tracy himself makes an announcement? I would not be one bit surprised if he does not undergo surgery or at least not microfracture surgery (maybe another arthroscopic).

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Microfracture is done arthoscopically....just saying.

:D

DD

9. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

why isin't this being reported anywhere else??

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

GEEZ, for the love of God!!

This drama will never end.

11. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Right on the money Dave. Look all. I have been a TMAC fan since he came to the team, but I am sick of fooling myself.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Hehe...nice one.

Still, after the way he tears up when someone mentions him getting another surgery I'm not buying the microfracture BS. He is throwing that term out there so nobody will look down on him for shutting it down this season. Then, he will come back next year and say "over the summer I got some other opinions and decided rest was the best thing for my knee."

He will retire before he will undergo microfracture surgery.

13. professorjay

professorjay Member

I agree w/ what some others have said. Until the team releases an official statement, I'm not buying it.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

This is EXACTLY what I think.

I don't think he has the fortitude to actually get the surgery and do the necessary rehab.

Heck, he has not even done the rehab for the Arthoscopic surgery he got last May and that was nearly 9 months ago.

DD

15. JustLynCHN

JustLynCHN Member

best wishes, hope magic T-mac comes back next season

16. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

the subtle and mental way of TMAC's drama looks too familiar to me. I used to work in a company with all this kind of powerplay, among a lot of international Ph.D-degree employers and employee. honestly I hate it. I am surprised that an NBA superstar could do this. Not American at all.

here's some interesting facts: the Chinese fans are much more forgiving than average Clutchfans on Tracy's recent drama series. One may think they should be harshier because of Yao. In Hoopchina forum(biggest chinese b-ball site), anyone insulting t-mac will be banned immediately. 50% of the posters here wouldn't survive their threshold of "insult" :D . I guess tracy's sentimental ways endear him to the Oriental people.

I just noticed an awesome figure. Mr. 3 say hello to Mr. 50K!

17. Dubious

Dubious Member

I assume the Rockets have an insurance policy on Tracy that will reimburse Les for a large percentage of Tracy's exorbitant salary. I'm not saying this is an insurance scam but it would be a very timely source of revenue. Especially if the recovery period lasts around 12 months. The policy might pay half of this years salary and half of next years even bigger salary and then Tmac comes back after the All Star Game next year to make a run, at the playoffs and at one more NBA contract.

He's obviously not worth what the team has to pay him in this condition so I guess I'm dubious.

I will say from experience though, chronic pain effects you psychologically as well as physically. It effects your confidence/doubt and your will to put up with all the other s**t life has to offer.

18. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

I respect what you have said and i also hope that this injury is not fake. But if the injury is real, you have to wonder if he did all which was required of him during the offseason to avoid this. I am a Mcgrady fan (though quickly fading) but i have come to know that he is a lazy superstar. He is a superstar who thinks that everything comes without work, and is just based on talent (unfortunately it isn't). And this has led to extended injuries which has now began to effect him mentally. I hope Mcgrady returns but with his attitude he will never be what he is capable of being.

19. Almu

Almu Member

I never questions people when they say they are injured. But don't go out there if you are going to hurt the team and he is clearly doing that. If you play and perform well, its heroic. If you play and perform poorly, its an excuse.

Can't have it both ways.

And his lack of whatever clearly pours over to his rehab habits. There is something to be said for effort on the rehab side also.

20. Seth

Seth Member

I think this is for the best, now the team knows who they can count in and can play to their strengths.

I see scola becoming an even more important factor. My only worry is that Artest starts trying too much, but the team has been better and better and i think Artest has finally embraced his role hapilly.